ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stupid question about Vista

megane coupe+2003clio 1.2
ok i just got vista and the desktop icons are massive!

i can't work out where to change it though?

help please

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
TBH I don't think you can??. Mine are the same. Have you got the Graphics Card drivers installed already and set at the correct resolution?.

This is mine:

Vista.gif

Set at the correct resolution.

When I installed Vista from XP, they did look bigger. I just think its how they are on Vista..

182 w/busted splitter :-(
There is a way to change the ridiculous size of the icons - right-click on the desktop, and from the menu that appears, there's a setting for either the icon size, or to display the icons (I'm remembering this off the top of my head as my laptop runs ubuntu!)

Anyway - you need to set it to show "classic icons" - these look exactly the same, but are the more familiar "XP" size. Only MS knows why Vista's 'default' icon size is so huge!

Have a play with the optons on the menu - one of them allows for the selection of "classic icons", which is what you need...

GW RS200
Theres a waaaaaaaaay easier way than all of this!! Just click the desktop once with left mouse to select it, then hold down ctrl and roll your mousewheel at the same time. Any size you like! This work for the size of icons in any window, too! :)

Steve