ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stupid Heavy Peice of Crap Renault Exhausts

S4 Avant
I'm on first name terms with the lads at ATS now, I've been there that many times with my exhaust, the b*****d won't stop rattling or blowing, every time its fixed, it just starts blowing again! Might aswell not have an exhaust there at the moment, its driving me insane!

The two rear mounts are on their way out aswell, and the bloody manifold has a massive subframe shaped dent in it:rolleyes:

Not happy, and therefore, I require an aftermarket exhaust, and new manifold/new engine mounts/engine needs shoving backwards.

Any advice on what system to get? Or ideas on how much powerflow would charge to weld up my current exhaust, and maybe fabricate some straight through pipes, to decat, and get rid of the centre section

Apologies for the long post

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If I was you. i'd drive that car into a field and set fire to it.

Seriously.

The amount of time and effort thats gone into it is rediculous.

I saw a 54 plate RB FF 182 go through the Auction today for £3200. So ask yourself, is it really worth it.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
My mini had a miltek on it! that sounded good... ermm dunno how much yozza's are.
we can pop to powerflow before the stoke meet

ValverInBits
If I was you. i'd drive that car into a field and set fire to it.

Seriously.

The amount of time and effort thats gone into it is rediculous.

I saw a 54 plate RB FF 182 go through the Auction today for £3200. So ask yourself, is it really worth it.

LOL!

3200 is really farkin cheap tho. Someone has a bargain there.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I mean that in a sincere way. Seriously.

The guy bought the car as a Cat-D (iirc) and has spent a lot of time/money pissing about with it.

I'm trying to say cut your losses and get rid of the s**t. The car is bad news and is going to cost him a f**k load of money for no reason other than...''I've started so i'll finish!''

Sorry if that sounds rude, its not meant to.

S4 Avant
No worries, I see what you're saying. Really does sound the sensible option.

But, It's been 12 months today since I bought it (Cat C - even worse) and I just couldn't face getting rid, after I've been through so much with it, and looked forward to driving it for so long.

When it behaves, I really love driving it, and it all the trouble and money and time/effort seems so worth it. Just a shame it has to have something sorted with it every 2 weeks.

It's gradually turning into the car that I want though :approve:

Lionel Richie
the dent is supposed to be there, maybe take it somewhere that knows about these cars??? will save you hassle and money in the long term

S4 Avant
the dent is supposed to be there, maybe take it somewhere that knows about these cars??? will save you hassle and money in the long term

Didn't realise they were meant to have dents in them, seemed a bit strange how the manifold is perfectly cylindrical until the subframe, when a dent appears. It was me who spotted it, and just put 2 and 2 together, thinking it must have been the subframe that bashed a dent in it.

Looking into getting a milltek now, with decat pipe. Just got to see if funds will let me.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yozza would be my choice but funds dependant the Janspeed is supposed to be a not bad piece of metal... K-Tec doing a good offer at the moment aswell

RS RIP

^^ yep, i've seen the dent too, and most of them have them. BUT mine (new one picked up from Dieppe) which is going to be mounted as we speak did NOT have the dent :S !
I think Renault got smart after all the "knocking" of the RS maybe causing damage and modified the later manifolds ?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Janspeed are good exhausts for the 182,
had one on mine when I had it good sound but not loud and excellent build quality and fit.
I will try and find the vid and pics later

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
th_janspeed-182.jpg

Janspeedexhaust023.jpg

Janspeedexhaust019.jpg

Janspeedexhaust020.jpg

S4 Avant
but the dent isnt going to give u more bhp per tonne is it?! lol its quite a big dent considering the diameter of the pipe, surely it will bottle neck the flow?

Traditionally any change in bhp has an impact on bhp/tonne, so yes i think it would.

And, it probably does restrict the gas flow, but by a stupidly small amount

RS RIP
My 182 manifold didn't have a dent ;)

Did you have bad/worse knocking when changing gears or booting it + getting wheelspin ? This dent gives another 5mm clearance , that's why i ask. Also because i have just bought one without a dent ;)

I can only imagine the dent being there for these clearance reasons.