ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stuck as to what to do....

right, basically im 25 and was thinkin about chopping the 172 in for somethin thats better image / more mature car for work as i use it to travel to an from sites. but im a) not sure i want rid, b) cant decide what to get and c) cant afford to get anything hugely expensive.

i was thinkin about selling the clio and buying something comfy and oldish for around £5k but im not sure if id be wasting my time. after thinkin about things last nite, i started wondering about spending a few £££'s on the 172 instead sorting out the niggly things that annoy me (new shocks, new front pads, new track rod ends, couple of bushes, aircon re gas and get the amphasite turini's either powder coated silver again to make it look a bit less something.....or just change them back to standards?)

what would everyone else do? im not in a position to keep two cars as much as i'd like to.

Ta

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Keep the Clio. I wanted to move on and get something better after a year with my Ph1, but there's nothing for similar cash that comes near, and nothing for circa 2x clio price that won't bankrupt me while I save for something fun (exige/porsche/lear jet) !

Fancied an S2000 as a stop gap from Clio > Exige, but decided that it would cost a fortune in fuel, insurance, tax, tyres, servicing compared to the Clio.

Spend a bit of cash getting your Clio back to the condition you want it in and enjoy it.

:approve:

/Giraffe

RS 172
Keep the clio, i can understand the "rep" thing though.

Im 27.. as long as you dont drive like a c**t in public places its fine...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
right, basically im 25 and was thinkin about chopping the 172 in for somethin thats better image / more mature car for work as i use it to travel to an from sites.

Ta

Are you thinking of changing for you or trying to change it for other people..?

Never understand this reason for changing

LY R27
keep it, i really wish i'd kept my old mint 205 gti but i stupidly sold it to prove a point to the misses. didn't actually think it would be bought! bummer.

RS Megane 225F1
If your the prophet, would you not be able to see for yourself !!! bit like that nostradamous dude.....:rasp:

Oh and keep the Clio IMO ;)

RB 197
Keep it. Do not buy a Ricer, like Tom say's LOL.

My lad is 27 and still drives a mk1 16v and an R5 GTT, but then again he still act's like he's at college.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
^
Women dont know anything..;)

Go test drive an accord. For 5k you could get a lovely one. 4k even. The interior is a lovely place to be, well made, recaro's, momo wheel etc

Handling wise - Awesome. The LSD is great, feels like a small car. You wont beleive until you try one.

Pace - Mine was quicker than my mates 172! ;) Could have been the driver though! haha!

My mate who had a 172 incidently is looking at ATR's now after driving mine. Pitty i dont still have it, i'd let you have a blast being in Bristol.

i love 172's its just the ATR is a bit more mature. :)