ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

struggling to start when raining!

Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Hey guys

Ive had my car 2-3 months and since the weather has changed and it rains most days my clio is struggling to start.

It normally takes 5/6 attempts to get it started after a downfall of rain. I normally sit in the car revving the engine for a minute or two to make sure it doesnt cut out.

When driving though the engine wants to cut out if its wet. Yesterday it cut out as I was turning into a side street and that was pretty scary as there were cars coming my way.

As im accelerating sometimes it is VERY jumpy!! Maybe this is related aswel.

Just abit more info...my sunroof is letting in water to. And the inside roof is wet!! Maybe this is affecting things?

Any suggestions?

Clio Sport 172.
I had this on a golf before. It was a corroded rubber flange on the fuel injection system. I'm not sure if the 1.6 runs a similar system but that was an easy fix.