ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped insurance?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi

My friend recently binned his Corsa C, so he wanted to buy himself a cheap car just to get around until he has money for a proper car.

He's looking at buying a car that is only a 1.2 Corsa C too, but this one has all the rear seats carpets etc stripped out and they won't be included in the sale.

He said he wouldn't tell the insurance as if anything it makes it less valuable etc, I said I assumed he would have to tell them?

He said if he does have to he will simply put some seats in the rear from a scrappy as that would be cheaper I imagine..

So if you had a stripped back car, do you have to notify your insurance company?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I did, it was termed an "internal modification" - on my insurance they classified it as the same cost bracket as new seats.