ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

stripped clio 172 Phs1's...

audi a6 3.0tdi
Basically he expected to just anilalate me but didn't. We know how quick the clio was against the impreza but i didn't expect it to keep up with the evo.

audi a6 3.0tdi
I've just put a load of weight back in so as rexe says its about 980 ish now. it was down to about 920kg before.

ZX6R B1H
I've just worked out the greddy boost controller... and it felt a lot better with HI boost over the normal setup. So i persume thats a factor in this, Plugs walbro 255 and a remap Needed... asap.

ZX6R B1H
I dont think vec would of done it TBH, might of im not too sure.

I would of felt better if the vec did TBH at least its got Boost :D

Chris, i'll post pics tomorow when i get some lol.

ZX6R B1H
You did however kill a Scooby STI blobeye so thats 270 at least with the same clio lol.

Mines unmapped with filter and cat back, so i dont think it did too bad thinking about it at the current state of tune.

Did the Evo even come on boost ? Something's not quite right really, I know about bhp per ton etc, but i'd have said the Evo would still be quicker... unless the clio's not standard ?? (as well as being stripped out)

ZX6R B1H
It was running low boost, It was the first time out in it and im still geting used to it. Off the lights i killed the clio, it was from a roundabout rolling 30upwards i think i had a proplem. It was slowly pulling on it but not as quick as i have hoped for.

There is a problem somewhere, speaking to a number of lancer dudes and seeing that Vee another mate with an evo3 would and has absolutly batterd chris's clio and the 5 is slighlty quicker/onpar.

Most of this will be down to me chris knows how to throw that thing about as hes had it forever lol

Im not making excuses up either as hes a good mate, but with the evo running around 220ton and the clio on the 170/180 mark things dont add up.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
the state of tune really counts on evo/impreza. ive raced evo 6 and thought that was slow but then 1 can rape ya. 5 onwards are rapid, my mates evo has 640 bhp.lol rocket is the only word.

audi a6 3.0tdi
I've just had a text saying that the boost controler was not letting the turbo boost to anymore than 1.3 bar so hopefully thats the reason why. Rexe had only had the car about an hour and it was wet so hopefully once he figures out whats wrong with it properly then he should wipe the floor with my little clio.

Thats when the clio gets supercharged ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
surely 1.3 bar is around standard?

Nice cars are evo's but im not suprised once rolling a well stripped clio would have a good go at keeping up

audi a6 3.0tdi
I'm not sure what standard boost is as i don't really have any interest at all in jap cars but i'm sure with new plugs, fuel pump and a good remapping session it should be running better.

Ph2 172
My mate was surprised in his WRX STI Wagon when i stuck next to him off the island :D i didnt wanna say anythin to him as he was gutted :p

audi a6 3.0tdi
i've done the same with an sti impreza. Unless they have 400bhp+ they are not all that. I've driven rexe's impreza wrx, an impreza sti and an early evo and not one of them has impressed me. I'd rather have a lotus elise with a type r engine or something similar.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
1.3bar should be about right, maybe even a little high but I'm not sure what standard boost is on an evo, on the 200 standard boost is around 1bar.

ZX6R B1H
0.5 boost is what it was on i think as the boost controller was OFF

The greddy contoller has LO HI and OFF

I've been playing about with it and When off it reverts to 0.5/0.7 Lo it ups to 1bar ish and Hi it goes to around 1.5

With HI it boost spikes and fuel cuts when pushing it which is a problem and will eventually kill it, so this will be the reason why the car is not running properly. Basically its not setup at all and the fuel pump cannot cope i dont think.

Ive reverted back to OFF status, running .5 bar just to be safe until its mapped and all sorted out :D

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I know the feeling mate. I'll be a lot happier getting beat by an evo than a diesel vec thats for sure haha. Hopefully you'll have it running right soon enough.

ZX6R B1H
ha ha ha, its ok mate... I'll teach the barge a lesson once its running properly and mapped up :D