ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stripped 172 Turbo

Golf GTD Mk7
How have I only just found this thread. I'm hooked. Great work. Is there any before/after rolling road figures?

A

ashy_gtt

On a down side, I can't find anyone to make me a side exit exhaust because its illegal to have it coming out of the passenger side and the fuel tank is in the way on the other side. Looks like it will now have a ktec stealth instead to keep the sleeper look.

Chris

All R5 gtt side exit exhausts exit on the passenger side, I've never had a problem with MOT's etc?

Why not get a gtt one for about £100.00 second hand and modify it to fit. YOu'll never regret fitting a sidey, they are awesome on a turbo charged car!:evil:

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Engine bay looks mint mate! how are you going to bring your self to drive it knowing it wont stay that shiny :quiet: lol

alright mate, simply amazing car! thats all that can really be said.

was really enjoying reading this thread till i realised you're from oxfordshire, which is where i'm from. really don't wanna see you around in this cos i wil literally turn green with jealousy :dapprove: .

would love to see it in the flesh though really thats for sure! ;)

keep it up buddy, for this project you deserve a few pints and a blue peter badge thats for sure! lol

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
this thread bringds back some memories.

i dont seem to have any problems with turbo getting close to the bulk head?

Stage 2 172 Turbo
alright mate, simply amazing car! thats all that can really be said.

was really enjoying reading this thread till i realised you're from oxfordshire, which is where i'm from. really don't wanna see you around in this cos i wil literally turn green with jealousy :dapprove: .

would love to see it in the flesh though really thats for sure! ;)

keep it up buddy, for this project you deserve a few pints and a blue peter badge thats for sure! lol

Thanks, your more than welcome to come and see it now or wait a til next month and it should be tearing up the oxfordshire tarmac!

Where in Oxford are you from?

Thanks, your more than welcome to come and see it now or wait a til next month and it should be tearing up the oxfordshire tarmac!

Where in Oxford are you from?

i'm in greater leys, cowley mate. how bout you?

ooooh not sure if i could wait. lol. not long left now then mate i gather. :approve:

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Hi Ryan,
Yep your defo going to beat me mate,no chance of mine running before Thursday. not able to work on it much at the moment:(

Stage 2 172 Turbo
is it a race?
No, not a race. My turbo conversion has been ongoing since June. It's a second car so no rush and want to take my time.
Credit where credit's due if Ryan gets his done by Thursday, it's a lot of work to do in under two weeks:clap:

Will give you a call when it's done Ryan so we can meet up ( might be a race then!!:race:) Have to get some photo's of the two cars together

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
No, not a race. My turbo conversion has been ongoing since June. It's a second car so no rush and want to take my time.
Credit where credit's due if Ryan gets his done by Thursday, it's a lot of work to do in under two weeks:clap:

Will give you a call when it's done Ryan so we can meet up ( might be a race then!!:race:) Have to get some photo's of the two cars together
Ye sounds good mate will get my cam fixed.

VRS
the cars a credit to you butch, you can see the time and workmanship that has gone into the build with all the finer details :D

looks stunning :D

MODDED 172
Just read the whole thread utterly mental looks good mate if ever i have the cash to get mine done i would but couldnt do all what you have done mate. k tec would be fitting mine. stuff a clifford i would get a rottweiler to sit in the passenger seat full time for all that effort mate. keep the thread flowing with more p**n please

Soon to be 172
Stunning build thread this, very nice.
Any ideas what sort of power/torque turbo'd 172 engines put out?

(i registered just to reply to this thread,lol)

E36 328
On a down side, I can't find anyone to make me a side exit exhaust because its illegal to have it coming out of the passenger side and the fuel tank is in the way on the other side. Looks like it will now have a ktec stealth instead to keep the sleeper look.
Chris

are you sure about that, theres plenty of people who have side exits on clio16valver and i have never had any problem with mine. Plllenty of vans have side exits on the passenger side.

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Stunning build thread this, very nice.
Any ideas what sort of power/torque turbo'd 172 engines put out?

(i registered just to reply to this thread,lol)

Thanks Adam,

would like to see somewhere in the region of 280-300bhp but will have to wait and see once its rolling roaded, regarding torque, I have no idea really but will post all results once its been on the rollers

Chris

are you sure about that, theres plenty of people who have side exits on clio16valver and i have never had any problem with mine. Plllenty of vans have side exits on the passenger side.

As long as it exits behind the front wheel it is road legal

Good project... perfection takes times:cool: