ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STREAMLINE CARBON REPLACEMENT REAR TRIM

CLIO Iceberg 172
Right guys this is becoming a real ball ache, so this thread is going to be the "sort it out" thread mainly for the guys that have a rear Carbon trim and would like a replacement, based on the original group buy,

Right i have been talking to Bic a lot about this issue and have also sent him my rear trim the other week,

As the situation stands, my rear trim that fitted sooo tightly in my own bumper as currently too small for the bumper that they are testing it with, so it leaves about 4mm ether side again!
but from looking at other trims etc and pictures from Bics own Clio, all the plastic is spot on!

so we are slowly coming to the conclusion that the different years and possibly the different versions i.e. cup, 172, 182 etc had different inserts,
give or take 10mm

so what i would like people to do (as meny as you can) and i must stress the guys that are having the replacement do this,

could you please grab a tape measure and measure from tip to tip your orginal black plastic insert,

and then could you please post in the form of a list the following

MODEL
YEAR
MEASUREMENT
(IN MM)

e.g.
Clio 172, 51reg, 900mm - Togusa

Its really important that we get this information to allow bic to create if neccersery a mould or two that can all a perfect fitment for the rear insert
it is especerly important for the guys wanting a refitment of their item from the group buy to post this information.

if you all could post asap the quicker we can get this over and allow streamline to be set up for the future so this dont happen again

thankyou for your time

Dave

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure renault aren't making different size plastic textured ones.

CLIO Iceberg 172
I'm sure Renault aren't making different size plastic textured ones.

so was we, but so far we haven't had one so far fit the same on a different bumper, its crazy

so thats why we are asking people post the information so we can esablish a set size between the years and models as it could have been reviewed when they made the 182 etc or the cup,

so i await the info to make the right judgment

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe you are right I work in a bodyshop and we have a few 1*2's in now and again never had any problems with moulding fitment, always the same part from renault.

Think it's more to do with trying to copy it to carbon ect...
I can imagine it's a difficult process like the mirror caps that don't fit great. (Just my 2p mate)

bic

Land Rover Discovery
cheers dave

Gally - how can the different length between oe renualt parts be explained though ? we have measured our brand new item purchased direct form renault alongside Togusa's one and they are different. We are tsalking oe parts dimensions here, nothing to do with the carbon replacements. Mirror caps are also the same shap but the fixing method is different as replication of clips on that product would mean no sales, so bonding and packing the mirror out will obviously mean the cap doesnt sit/fit exactly the same as a clipped in part. The pain with this issue is what more can be done than starting with an original brand new part, and certainly pointless even trying to involve Renault themselves lol.

fingers crossed we may just have to offer 2 different lengths, Dave could you post pics of what i sent over last night of your trim and our clio trim perhaps to show the issues ?

thanks

Bic

ps, I will measure our cup one also, which is the tightest fitting one i have seen tbh, so sad isnt it, i check every clio I see now lmao

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There may be a slight difference in length but I have never come across one that didn't fit a brand new bumper or a new trim on a repaired bumper.

I thought you were talking about the carbon copy did not fit after replicating.

I'm sorry Bic, just and interesting story.

Reading that again it's crazy!

CLIO Iceberg 172
Yea i will post them up tonight,

bic could you also measure mine as you have it there, thanx

CLIO Iceberg 172
I have been sent these by bic, these show firstly my oem item which was a good fit on my car not fitting properly into his black bumper
3463344481_dfaa6b5fbf.png

3463340943_daca35cf65.png

and these show bic's trim on his Clio

3464154490_0e7a45be04.png

3463334551_e04462965f.png

i hope this works its my first time uploading pics this way

Last edited:
  CLIO Iceberg 172
haha done it, as you can see guys it seems that there must be different sizes of trim

Last edited:
  ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
If the trim fits your bumper perfectly, but not his, then surely the problem is the bumper.

Take your bumper off to fit these, and make sure all the clips are pushed properly into place, as one not set in right will flex the trim

Last edited:
  CLIO Iceberg 172
the problem is all the clips are in the right place and are all in properly, thats whats coursing the problem,
it seems that the end of the black plastic trims seem to vary,
this is why we are asking that people post their sizes up with years and model so we can see when it changed and if there is any correlation between years of cars and sizes of trim

A ANIMAL
If the trim fits your bumper perfectly, but not his, then surely the problem is the bumper.

Take your bumper off to fit these, and make sure all the clips are pushed properly into place, as one not set in right will flex the trim

No offence mate - but unless your involved in the situation then don't bother posting. We have exhausted all avenues and it is the size of the trim that renault sent streamline NOT how its being fitted.

Just outa curiosity i thought i'd measure mine.

MODEL: Clio 182
YEAR: 54Reg
MEASUREMENT (IN MM): 1090mm

Seems strange being as TOGUSA's is 900mm :S unless thats just an example.

Mine aint a perfect fit either (looks more like the pic in the black bumper).

CLIO Iceberg 172
comon guys i need the info and the quicker we get it the quicker we will resolve this issue, if we dont get it then we will just have to make it to my sized insert and personaly i dont think thats going to be an option for the rest of you!

so please state the required info guys it only takes two seconds to get a tape measure and post up the measurement

thanks
dave

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
No offence mate - but unless your involved in the situation then don't bother posting. We have exhausted all avenues and it is the size of the trim that renault sent streamline NOT how its being fitted.
Bit cheeky that mate!!! :nono:

CLIO Iceberg 172
thanks inferno,
its looking like the 182's between 04-05 had a 1090mm trim

any one got more info for me pls guys as the more info the better we can make the items

also can i the guys that need the replacement please list there names to give an idea of how many are needed to make

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Dave - So what do we have as a conclusion so far in terms of dimneisons etc across the years ?

also . . . :) These do fit, lol

Clio182ExhaustTrim002.gif

Clio182ExhaustTrim003.gif

CLIO Iceberg 172
To put it bluntly atm nothing lol no one has bothered to post apart from about 3 people,

so far its looking like the 182's from 04 upwards have 1090mm trims so unless we get some 172's to compaire i dont know how it can be made a comparison,
could you post up the 2 172 trim lengths that you have please bic (yours and mine)

at least that will allow a couple of 172 lengths,

also what are those carbon bits? are they exhaust surrounds?

bic

Land Rover Discovery
will measure the 172 cup - 2004 trim now outside mate - 1090mm , yes the trims for 182 exhausts, now on the ebay shop, along with V6 fog light surrounds :)

CLIO Iceberg 172
how dose this compare up to my old trim i sent you? and the new one that you bought? and they do look very nice

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
I'm posting on behalf of jack_davey who paid for one of these as part of the group buy, but his cliosport membership has just expired.

Clio 182FF 2004

1090mm (at the widest point)

Clio 182 Cup
My car is in storage and I can't get to it tonight sorry, but you can see mine is also a little short. Would bet its 1090mm like the 182/Cup/Trophy lads.

Its doesn't look too bad... but It'd be great if it fit right to end.

DSC00966.jpg

"Navy" N17 TWO
My standard 172 insert is 1090mm at the widest point you can see (when fitted to the bumper) :)

Mk2 172
Nov 2003
1090mm

CLIO Iceberg 172
its strange that these are all coming up as 1090mm as the one bic had was very different to the one i sent him (my standard one) ill contact him and find out some more info on these

CLIO Iceberg 172
just talked to bic, we have agreed to move ahead with the 1090mm length, it turns out the new trim that bic had got was about 1080mm about 5mm ether end to short but the one i sent was also 1090mm.

the mold is going to have the ends reset to accommodate the new size and watch this space for more information once the first piece is out.
time depending he is also still going to try and get us down on a sat before FCS for fitting and to see how its all works, but this is all depending on time in the run up to FCS