ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

strangely behaving CD Player! ideas please

clio 182FF, mini
Standard CD player after its been on for about half hour or so it beeps once the top display flashes for a few seconds then it turns off. this is while driving.

you then press the on button and it behaves as normal for another half hour or so.

then when you pull up and turn the car off it stays on until you press the off button :s

I only just got the car so decided was prob the cd player, i put my cd player in it this evening and once i finally got that on. (had to put both the red and yellow wire into the yellow wire) you should know what i mean lol

it again didn't turn on or off with the ignition it has to be physically turned on and off

make any sense to anyone?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
The fuse is going/has gone mate!

It's a 5A fuse and takes 20 seconds to change.

A fuse can't be going. It's either intact or blown.
Are you definitely sure you've got the red and yellow wires the correct way around?

clio 182FF, mini
A fuse can't be going. It's either intact or blown.
Are you definitely sure you've got the red and yellow wires the correct way around?

they have to be together its the only way it will work at all!!! also as stated it was doing the above with the original cd player hence me trying to fit mine

​also don't have code for the original doh!!! lol

Standard CD player after its been on for about half hour or so it beeps once the top display flashes for a few seconds then it turns off. this is while driving.

you then press the on button and it behaves as normal for another half hour or so.

then when you pull up and turn the car off it stays on until you press the off button :s

I only just got the car so decided was prob the cd player, i put my cd player in it this evening and once i finally got that on. (had to put both the red and yellow wire into the yellow wire) you should know what i mean lol

it again didn't turn on or off with the ignition it has to be physically turned on and off

make any sense to anyone?

Wrong.

Try again! The red & yellow controls the feed + the ignition. They should not be plugged into the same one.

​Tom

clio 182FF, mini
Then in that case, you've answered your own question. Your fault is a wiring fault.

which means someone must have had the original cd player out before. but none of the wires behind the cd player appear to have been touched.

so it must be elsewhere in the loom :s

forgetting i have tried a different cd player has anyone had this issue with their standard head unit before????