ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange spring noise when pulling away!

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Rolling ktec coils and solid top mounts.
When the car is settled. First time pulling away. More so when on full lock. They is sort of clonking noise. Definitely sounds like a spring!
Any ideas. Are they pooped? Or is it something else?
Thanks

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Definitely sounds like a spring twanging.
It only happens after it unsettles. When the car is first started. Only happens once.
Could do a 5 mile journey or a 500 mile journey and it would only do it the once!

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Sounds likes its coming from front left if anything. So not handbrake! But thanks.
Problem is I don't have the equipment to investigate properly myself.

There was a thread not long back with a few having the same problem but with GAZ coilovers maybe worth a look to see if they sorted it.

could it not be that the spring seats are flat with no spring locater so the springs may be twanging as they rotate slightly?? whap a bit of grease on the lower and upper spring seats see it that helps.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
There was a thread not long back with a few having the same problem but with GAZ coilovers maybe worth a look to see if they sorted it.

could it not be that the spring seats are flat with no spring locater so the springs may be twanging as they rotate slightly?? whap a bit of grease on the lower and upper spring seats see it that helps.

Sounds worth a shot that. My car is sat probably as close to as low as it will go on these coilies. Has been since I picked it up. I can imagine this hasn't helped the lift of them!

Thanks by the way! :)