ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange noise before start-up!

172 Ph2
When I was checking my dads 172 out today he mentioned that his makes a funny noise which he thought was the fan coming on before start-up. I asked him to show me and when he turned the ignition on (to the point before the engine fires) there was a weired noise coming from the engine bay. I popped the bonnett and it definately wasn't the fan, that wasn't moving. The noise was a weired electrical buzzing! I tracked it down to somewhere near the throttle body, possibly the black electrical box thing that's on the TB! Any ideas why it's doing this? Any ideas at all?? I'm well confused:S

BMW 330D
Its the throttle body iirc, because when i was having my engine fitted it didnt do it and i had to have a new throttle body fitted and it buzzed then and the car started.Totally normal

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
yep seeing as its a 172 id say throttle body as well. had a few at work although my own one doesnt do it. if it starts and runs ok leave it.

Its the throttle body normal that is.

Only the phase2 cars have it. In 172 spec phase 1's have the manual body.