ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Strange noise at very high speed?

Clio 182
This doesn't sound healthy at all! On my last trackday as soon as I hit 120 on a long straight I heard an awful whining/screaming sound coming from the front of the car! I can't really elaborate on this but it kicks on pretty much bang on 120 and I didn't want to risk it any further...

Any opinions? It's a 38k 182

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
mine has done this too mate! i think its prob air through wipers or something similar

Clio 182
I considered wheel bearing but thought it'd kick in alot earlier! I've read up on a scooby forum from a google search and they have the same problem but put it down to mirrors...

Arctic 182
did anything ever come of this ? ive had the exact same noise at the same speed this morning :S

Arctic 182
yeah ive just done a search, found some useful suggestions that im going to try. Just wondered if the OP found out. It does sound like it could be the windscreen.

Definitely the windscreen. Mine did it. My mate's does it. Mine stopped doing it after I had the screen replaced due to a chip.

320d
Sounds wind related. My 172 didn't do it. Albeit the ktec stealth and airfeedless airbox pretty much drowned most stuff out.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Seen it a few times from new windscreens being fitted, sadly you only know till your above the triple figures to find out

Arctic 182
Dronfield bypass per chance?

haha have i been spotted ? :eek: id heard it previously that morning so thought i'd try and find the exact speed. Ive found that the noise stops when i push up on the interior light ?!