ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Straightliners (1/4 mile) event! 8th and 9th May

Italian 3.2 V6
hi all!

trying to get another meet at this straighliners weekend event!

iv been to all three events last year and all were fantastic! such great fun. below is info (from straightliners) about the weekend event!

Straightliners are back in Cumbria following the success of their drag events in 2009. all car and bike enthusiasts have a chance to take part in a Quarter Mile Drag Racing weekend on your doorstep, spectators are welcome.

Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th May

Starting 10.30am - approx 5pm both days
Kirkbride Airfield
Wigton
Cumbria
CA7 5LF

This is a full drag strip with all the usual equipment and time slips which will be given out after each run so you know your best time of the day.

Anyone is welcome to take part whether your vehicle is road legal or otherwise.

For those wanting to take part we are trying to keep the cost as per last year £35 we are just waiting for our insurance cost's to be confirmed
all you need is your driving license and a crash helmet.

£5 entry for spectators.

No need to book in advance just turn up on the day, the sooner you get there the more runs you get in.
Catering vans and all facilities on site for the weekend

Regards Trevor (Straightliners)

seriously you need to consider coming along! ..you never know, if its a hit on the forum we may get our own little stand there one year. scooby's and evo's have done so far.

would be nice to get a club gathering turn up and have our own corner!

so post up if your interested in coming along! any questions please ask and i will try and answer best i can!

the 8th will prob be the better turn out (weather permitting) as its the 1st day. also try to get there early for 10am so we beat the rush hour of entry etc and get cars parked up front (beside drag strip) instead of at the rear and having to walk miles ;)

PSJ.

Italian 3.2 V6
Yea it is, suprised havnt had much more interest tbh.. Bit disapointing :(

Tunst - BTW will be going... ;) sorry didn't reply sooner ho!

PSJ.

Mini Cooper S
Where do we get tickets from piers? I haven't got a crash helmet!!! Are they exspensive?? It's not far either so it's deffo worth a bark!

Nashy

Italian 3.2 V6
Just get tickets on that day dude.

Can u not borrow a helmet from someone? Buying a helmet can cost from £70 upwords I think :S

PSJ.

Mini Cooper S
Maybe but I might invest in one!! Wouldn't mind start doing a few of these and track days need to get some better brake pads and a set of track wheels and tires!! This interest in Renaultsport is turning out exspensive!!

Nashy

Mini Cooper S
Yeah your right!! Need to go and wash mine and take some photo's but I've just got the iPhone and I'm sooo hungover it's not right!!

Nash

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Might have trip along if the weathers good, my mate will be running his 300bhp sc'd 106 so will come and watch that go fast/break down! Hopefully be in a 182 of some description as well, trophy hopefully!
Russ

Italian 3.2 V6
^^^ waaayy, i like it russ ;) got any trophy's in mind or are u still on the search for one?

if you have one in time you and me will have to have a drag ;)

PSJ.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
is that 106 dark blue??? there was a rapid one there last year think it ran 13.9... :cool:

Italian 3.2 V6
Gutted for him!

U need a trophy mate, I have a couple trophy owners who I could maby get u in contact with.. Ino they have menchioned about Maby selling up..

If not u will defo have to run the CTR! ...against me ;)

PSJ.

Italian 3.2 V6
Meet at Carlisle's DFS (at hardwick circus roundabout) for 9.30-45!

just so we get there for 10ish and get parked up the front as of we don't there's a fair trek to walk back and fourth!

Hope to see as many people coming as poss.

Please leave your name in here if ur defo coming with us as a Clio convoy so we don't leave before everyone turns up for whatever reason.

Cheers, PSJ.

Italian 3.2 V6
I can only go the Sunday now due to work. Which is major gay but
has to be done! :( :(

But ^ that time still applies both days, who ever goes sat can meet up and still convoy Down and we will do the same Sunday ;)

PSJ

Mini Cooper S
yeah ill be there both days so to make sure im not sat on my own at dfs :dapprove: can people say who is going for deffo? and piers major gay!!!:dead:

Nashy

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
theres meant to be some mental cars going i have read including a cortina that can run 8's!!
Would love to make the saturday but looks like it will just be sunday due to alcohol poisoning!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Im trying to get ma dads mate to come in his cortina, he just finished fitting a 3Ltr granada cosworth engine into it :evil: