ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stophs flamered turbo build

Clio 172 turbo
A few photos from today with @richy182
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440885191.745939.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440885201.817059.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440885210.637894.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440885218.644713.jpg

Clio 172 turbo
So I took the Clio to castle Combe for the action day yesterday and have the car a shake down. Things in the list to sort are better boost hose clamps and secure the front bumper as that came off when I came into the pits. Ops
I need some track tyres for the wet Dunlop's aren't good great in the wet.

The red bonnet has been fitted again so the car looks a lot nicer now.

Once I get the laptop working I can upload the video from my gopro until then it's 15second videos from the gopro app
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442157001.488764.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442157014.294919.jpg

Clio 172 turbo
Did you come in a couple of laps early from your first session? Otherwise seemed to be running great, plenty of oppo at camp!
Yea I came in early due to a boost hose blowing off [emoji26] got some jcs hi grip hose Clips coming for it now

Clio 172 turbo
Nothing serious then, you didn't miss much anyway, all over once the silver one binned it!
Yea I pulled over just outside the noise testing bit and about 5 mins after I came off he came threw and pulled up behind me. He was gutted and didn't really say much

Clio 172 turbo
Took the car to the expo at the weekend with mr potter didn't so just an update of the Clio being clean for the 1st time in a long time
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443475702.036950.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443475711.056345.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443475719.528700.jpg

Clio 172 turbo
Not much to update really. I've just been enjoying the car and trying to clean it up, had 5 dents removed [emoji85] wired launch control in fitted my flocked dash and full throttle gear changes which is brilliant fun. Well it was until the exhaust decided it had enough and the silencer split open. Time for a 3" exhaust
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447085100.131605.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447084810.202876.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447084826.960359.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447084857.442825.jpg

Clio 172 turbo
Looks really good, bet it goes nicely.
Cheers yea goes really well now it's keeping boost hoses on
That flocked dash looks awesome mate
Cheers I love it, it was a birthday present
I can't believe it! A turbo Clio that isn't being broken up after a few weeks of use! :wink:

Nice looking flamer you've got yourself here mate. :up:

Yea I can't imagine getting rid of this it's so much fun but a huge money pit. Oh an I use this daily
Those pictures show off the colour really well. Reminds me of my old 1.2

Cheers. Auto finesse illusion working well [emoji23] started buying some proper car cleaning bits

Clio 172 turbo
I just thought with the turbo being so big on a 2.0 it might take it a while to start to spool.

I agree a good mapper should be able to reduce it.
The exhaust housing it the same size as a gt2860 which helps with the spool it's not much bigger than a gt2860 and as said mapping can help with spool if it's than bad for spool I can always start lighten the flywheel to increase the speed it revs

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I can always start lighten the flywheel to increase the speed it revs
Don't do it! You actually need a heavier flywheel on a boosted motor to help it build boost.
I'm not running vvt on mine but i would love some different cams to go in
197 head would be the way to go and run the constantly variable vvt that it has, but there's not many cam profiles to choose from, and I don't know how much you'll gain from it tbh. You'd gain more from a variable geometry turbo I suspect.

Clio 172 turbo
So a small update.
I've booked Bedford on the 27th of February so I need to get a move on with the turbo swap.

Had a little play with building the manifold before I go and order loads of sch10 bends and tubing (which I already did but was wrong [emoji19]) I've got loads of 3" tubing and a new silencer coming so hopefully be under noise limits.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451824366.286171.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451824436.839772.jpg

Car looks great mate! Just a quick question see you have the pms shifter what's it like rattle/noise wise? Want one for mine but I use it to commute 50 miles a day and worried if it rattles it will drive me mad lol

Clio 172 turbo
Car looks great mate! Just a quick question see you have the pms shifter what's it like rattle/noise wise? Want one for mine but I use it to commute 50 miles a day and worried if it rattles it will drive me mad lol
Cheers. Mine doesn't seem to rattle you get some vibration and a sight noise from it when on the motorway that's about it tho and pms now sell a damper to remove the noise.