ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stophs flamered turbo build

Clio 172 turbo
This has come on a long way mate, you gonna be at CSS this year? I'm one of the two guys who came and sat with you lot on the first night camping.
Cheers man, ah cool that was a good weekend. Yea I'll be going again this year hopefully arrive a bit earlier than last year and won't be putting a tent up in the dark

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Yea every thing bolted to that turbo is tighter than tight I don't want to be removing it

A brace from the back of the block to the downpipe is also a must IMO, I made one for mine, a lot of pressure on that part of the system with all the movement of the engine and the whole exhaust hanging from it!

Clio 172 turbo
A brace from the back of the block to the downpipe is also a must IMO, I made one for mine, a lot of pressure on that part of the system with all the movement of the engine and the whole exhaust hanging from it!
Ok cheers I'll look at making one. I'm making a new down pipe soon with a flexi in So I'll add one then

Clio 172 turbo
Engine all it and working [emoji1] Waiting for some more silicone hosing to come so I can finish the boost pipes. Need to make the decat and wire the ecu in then it's all ready for mapping
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428137644.328473.jpg

Clio 172 turbo
So it works [emoji1] spent 2 evenings with dan@sjm sorting little bits. Started mapping it today which was going well Untill the clutch slips at .6bar so I need to order a helix pressure plate but other than that's it's all good. Ordered some cl rc8 pads until I get some 4pots

Clio 172 turbo
So ive spent 2 weekends up at sjm now with dan fitting clutchs 1st on his 1.8t clio and then stright after my clio. Unfortunatly mine still slipped after we think it was down to a baddly glazed paddle clutch. So i went back up again friday and we got the box back out and fitted a completely new helix paddle clutch ready for the saturday action sport day at combe. The next morning dan noticed he had a screw in his clio tyre so we headed back to sjm in mine to collect some other wheels, then some funny noises came turns out ive killed another gearbox. Thanks to @Dan@SJM and @Richy182.
B5D70077-4CB5-4273-AF49-94AB41A3E381.jpg

Clio 172 turbo
Good progress on this, looking forward to seeing it bud :smile:

Sorry to hear of the gearbox. You going to VAG it up box wise?

Cheers
no ill be fitting a ph1 box only for one reason and i want a pms shifter. Ill be saveing for a diff after i get some new coilovers

Clio 172 turbo
Either will make a hell of a difference on road and track.

Along with the RC kit from Mark, best mod I've done to mine. Hands down.
Yea the roll centre kit i would love to get its just being able to aford it all. I have so many things i want its just being able to aford it all. I need to buy a 2nd car soon as im still useing this as a daily and stop start traffic to work it a pain with a full paddle clutch and the noise from the rc8 pads

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Yea the roll centre kit i would love to get its just being able to aford it all. I have so many things i want its just being able to aford it all. I need to buy a 2nd car soon as im still useing this as a daily and stop start traffic to work it a pain with a full paddle clutch and the noise from the rc8 pads

Took me 4 years to do mine mate. Patience is needed, but well worth it. :smile:

Yeah, paddle clutch in traffic. Not for me!

Clio 172 turbo
Update time.
ph1 box fitted
Pms shifter fitted
New rear main and flywheel bolts fitted
A Bit more mapping with @Dan@SJM

Then boom bent rod [emoji35]

Clio 172 turbo
Bad mapping ain't it?

Hope you get it sorted mate!
Well we did almost max the injectors and 1.5bar of boost but the rod bent on spool up at about 1 bar. Yea time for forged rods and pistons and more boost which I should of done the 1st time

RB Clio 182
Lol.

Risk you take without fitting forged rods, It seems like boost spike when it went, spooked then it went, nothing had changed since the previous few runs.

Really unlucky though, was going so well before that.

Only joking bud :smile:

Looks a great build mate.

Clio 172 turbo
Ok so it's about time a added something to this.

So the car has been off the road for two months or so after I shot a rod out the block [emoji24]

So I bought some zrp forged rods Pec Pistons and got my spare engine stripped down sent the block away to be bored out to 83mm

Stupidly I rushed to get the engine built for fcs, so I ended up with loads of issues which i have hopefully sorted now after completely stripping and rebuilding the engine. Once stripped I found I had a small bit of metal go in the inlet and was sat on the piston hitting the head it must have missed a bit when I stripped it all when building the new engine which is why you shouldn't rush but not serious damage done so it's not that bad just a pain.

I wanted to refit the head this weekend but unfortunately my egt gauge hasn't arrived so I couldn't get that fitted into the log manifold so as soon as that arrives the car will be back on the road bigger and better [emoji38]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438508198.030243.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438508207.220193.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438508222.805164.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438508234.728445.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438508313.266846.jpg

RB Clio 182
Yo maxed the megane injectors? What power were you running, mines been fine for 7k miles now at 270hp 250 ftlb.

How many miles before the tantrum?

Clio 172 turbo
Yo maxed the megane injectors? What power were you running, mines been fine for 7k miles now at 270hp 250 ftlb.

How many miles before the tantrum?
I'm
Not sure on mileage but not a lot I was running 1.5 bar tho and the the rod bent so I just thought f**k it and gave it loads of s**t

Clio 172 turbo
So I got some work done on the Clio last night thanks to @Dan@SJM for the egt gauge and bits and @richy182 for injectors and manifold.

Finally got it insured and back on the road last night rolling round in the rain to get it finished but was worth it. Just need to get it on the rollers for some mapping now

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439554652.095022.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439554696.062698.jpg

Clio 172 turbo
So today I spent the day with dan@sjm shitting my pants while mapping the Clio on the rollers today. Blew a boost hose of on the rollers other than that it was spot on. Extreamly happy with the end result tho [emoji38] the car goes so well and drives amazingly. So cheers to dan@sjm for the help and mapping.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440696910.089717.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440696998.675025.jpg