ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stop light , engine light and temp gauge at top

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Just been driving home from work and all seemed fine then the lights came on and the temp gauge was at the top

I pulled over and look at coolant level and its empty but i checked it on monday and all was fine also checked oil cap and no mayo

Anyone shed some light or is it headgasket

Cheers daz

1.2 clio
as said look for mayo on dip stick... i would top it up with more water and coolant and c if u can find the leak from that...

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Topped up with just water as i kniw there is a leak now and it came straight out of bottom so i took all of the trays off the bottom of the engine and tried more water and its all coming straight out again from the side of the engine so im thinking water pump

How hard is it to remove ?

Cheers

Golf GTD Mk7
hope it's not the water pump mate :S It's in a pain of a place. It's easier to do when the belts are done. I think it's doable though. Is that defo where it's coming from?

Golf GTD Mk7
I was speaking to a renault MT about coolant the other day. He said that over time the coolant becomes very corrosive, and because of this he always changes the water pumps on belt changes for this very reason.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Yeah its all i can think of realy without stripping my car any more but as soon as i put water in the coolant bottle its coming down the side of the engine