ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOP and Handbrake lights flashing when going round faster corners

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
As above, my STOP and Handbrake lights start flashing really fast when going round larger corners at dual carriageway speeds. This isn't happening on slower corners, only at around 60mph+. The car drives fine and no other lights are ever coming on.

Any ideas?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Like daveski says , check your brake fluid level . It can be an indication that your brake pads have worn to the extent that the brake fluid drops to a low level . So check your brake pads too .

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Just wanted to update this to confirm that my brake fluid was in fact pretty low and the topping up of said fluid seems to have cured this problem. Thanks again guys. :)

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Yea I checked the pads out, they all have plenty of life in them. I'll have to keep an eye on it I guess.

golf gti turbo
hi my clio sport 172 dose the same up hill and around some corners at not to high speed 30 to 40 mph my pads have some life and the brake fluid is full any ideas please
and some times at stand still

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Yea I checked the pads out, they all have plenty of life in them. I'll have to keep an eye on it I guess.

TBF you should really fit new pads all round before topping up the fluid.

Just wanted to add to this to help others out if they read this in the future.

When I checked my pads I thought they looked fine, plenty of life in the the fronts from what I could see. I topped up the brake fluid and the problem went. However, upon further investigation a week or so later I noticed that the front pads infact were not fine at all - basically on both sides the inner pad was worn almost completely down, while the outer pads still had loads of life left in them. I am told that this happens because the inner pad takes most of the hit due to the piston being on the inside - this makes total sense to me now but is something that I was not previously aware of (as I have no previous experience in changing or maintaining the brakes myself).

So the moral is - make sure you check the inner front brake pads, not just the outer!

When I later replaced my discs and pads on the front, the brake fluid level was of course too high and so a lot of what I had previously topped up came back out again.