ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STOP and Battery light

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
due to bazzons s**t post i decided to make a new one...

Problem with a 182 FF.

On the dash the STOP and the battery light is illuminated when stood still. When the car is rev'ed they both disapear. Also appear when brakes are applied.

Changed battery, had the alternator checked, checked brake fluid level.

any ideas?

ta
carl

Did you ever solve this - I have same problem at the moment

Whenever the car is ticking over on idle the stop and battery light are on - as soon as you rev the engine they go out :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Usually because the alternator isn't charging when the car isn't driven, might just be slowly on it's way out.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
IIRC it was a dodgy alternator, which was changed and it has not happened since.

Clio Dci
Ive heard thipr problem occurs when the oil pressure switch is faulty. Mine is also doing it and i think im gunna try that first.

What do you mean by fine?

I started my car up and let it get warm - the revs drop down below 1k rpm and then the stop/battery light come on

I put a voltmeter on the battery and it showed 14v, 13.8v, 13.6v, 13.4v, etc... just kept dropping

As soon as you put the revs up to 1500rpm - the voltage then started going back up

I fitted a brand new alternator (£90 from ebay) and the probem was solved :)

182cup/D40/Hornet
Cheers for that.
Ticking over the battery is charging at between 13.8v and 14v (using RSTuner) but these lights started flickering on at about 3k when driving?

Two things have happened, firstly the lights flickered on then took it above 3k and they went off.

Second time, took it over 3k and the lights stayed on, even when I stopped and re-started.

This morning the lights slighlty flickered then went back off.

I thought initially the belt was slipping but I've had a look and this doesn't seem to be the case.

Going to plug the RSTuner in and re write cal. and possibly ecu to see if this is the cause??

182cup/D40/Hornet
Acoording to RSTuner, battery running anywhere between 14 and 14.4v, re-wrote ecu and cal. last night, no lights up till now , fingers crossed ;)

'51 Clio 1.2sport
Same problem in my 1.2, going to look at the alternator wiring this weekend. If the alternator itself is knackered, how hard is it to change?