ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still not starting!!!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah I have a decent jack, useable axle stands and a small selection of tools

And great, I will pm you my number

Ok, see you tomorrow, make sure its up on stands nice and high when I get there so that I can get to the starter motor.

It sounds like you have at least 2 problems though, as the starter not turning and the car not starting when on a push start are essentially two different things, although its possible they may turn out to have a common cause, although I cant think what yet TBH!
MicKPM, I would turn your phone off if I were you, as otherwise I will probably be ringing you while I am there, lol.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
No bother I'm only doing VAT returns and an R26 A/C issue tomorrow so you'll be saving me!

Ok, see you tomorrow, make sure its up on stands nice and high when I get there so that I can get to the starter motor.

It sounds like you have at least 2 problems though, as the starter not turning and the car not starting when on a push start are essentially two different things, although its possible they may turn out to have a common cause, although I cant think what yet TBH!
MicKPM, I would turn your phone off if I were you, as otherwise I will probably be ringing you while I am there, lol.

No bother I'm only doing VAT returns and an R26 A/C issue tomorrow so you'll be saving me!

Ha ha, cool!

Always good to have a "phone a friend option" ;)

Thank you both

I really appreciate the help and advice, Chip it will be on stands as high as I dare take it lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol, it doesnt need to be 6 foot in the air or anything, just enough room for my belly under it, ha ha.

Lol, it doesnt need to be 6 foot in the air or anything, just enough room for my belly under it, ha ha.

Lol I know mate I will try and get it up high to make it easier though lol

Hope this gets sorted mate. Look forward to seeing what the problem is.

Thanks mate

I'm the same, I am going to feel sooo f**king stupid if it is something really simple lol

I hope it is something really easy to fix though as I don't want to have to replace 10000000million things to find out what it is

That's why I want to know if it locked the wheels when attempted to be push started.

Who did the clutch change Spinksy ?

Me mate,

Checked that it is lined up, the clutch plate is definitely the right way round, the pressure plate is on tight, flywheel moved freely with the box off, put box back on and starter back on and it still moves

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Chip is probably trying to convince him that his Baldrick bullets aren't cool.

For those of you too young to get that reference

Last edited by a moderator:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Didn't get there till 7 or so as had to make a new exhaust for my van today. I'm good but I can't work backwards in time.

We changed starter. Still problem. tried a little subloom i made and it turned then, found wiring problem. Sorted that. Turns over now.

Left spinksy to finish putting it back together and cleared off to harvester.

Didn't get there till 7 or so as had to make a new exhaust for my van today. I'm good but I can't work backwards in time.

We changed starter. Still problem. tried a little subloom i made and it turned then, found wiring problem. Sorted that. Turns over now.

Left spinksy to finish putting it back together and cleared off to harvester.

Well it is french. Lol.

This^

Thanks again for the 100000x time mate

Really appreciate the help and the chat about turbos etc

Car is all back together, been for a test run, checked all fluids, wheel nuts checked again, will check fluids tomorrow morning but it all seems good to go as normal :)