ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Still getting water leak into passenger footwell

Clio 182 ff
Following on from yesterday's post, this morning I checked the passenger footwell where I had left some newspaper and it was damp again. I tipped some water directly onto the passenger scuttle panel maybe 500ml and then upon checking the passenger footwell I can see some small drips coming from right up on the left as if coming from behind the passenger blower. I have put loads of towels in tonight for the rain but I'm really stumped. Anyone got any ideas? Monday I'm going to try silicone any seams ect when I'm next off work thanks
IMAG1952.jpg

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
When I cured this prob. on mine, I found that the centre grommet which attaches to the outlet pipe was not as snug as it should be - perhaps enough for water to leak between it and the scuttle metal work.
I stuck some silicone under and around it, might be worth checking them all if you have to get in the scuttle again, although in your picture the LHS one does seem quite snug.
Mines be dry the last five years since I did it.

Clio 182 ff
When I cured this prob. on mine, I found that the centre grommet which attaches to the outlet pipe was not as snug as it should be - perhaps enough for water to leak between it and the scuttle metal work.
I stuck some silicone under and around it, might be worth checking them all if you have to get in the scuttle again, although in your picture the LHS one does seem quite snug.
Mines be dry the last five years since I did it.
Which one is the outlet pipe? I have read or posts saying could possibly be the grommet above right of the drain hole for the rear washer fluid. Definitely going to have to silicone every bit and test again for leaks once it's dried

Clio 182 ff
At the bottom of the centre drain. I binned the bottom rubber bung.

Have you got a sunroof?

Windscreen ever been changed?

Any aftermarket wiring around the area?
Might have to remove the rubber flap, no sunroof, no new windscreen ad I know of. I've ruled out door and windscreen seals as it leeks when water is poured directly into the passenger side scuttle area