ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

still getting a resonated sound

Clio 182 cup
I've had my 182 for about a year now and still getting this weird noise only happens when i put foot downand it comes at about 3k revs its not the cat learned the hard way it seems to come from passenger side near the wheel area can anyone help me or point me in the right direction

Cheers
Chris

PB172
Explain 'resonated' sound mate? Might get a bit more feedback?
Checked the bearings and such?

Clio 182 cup
yeah sorry bud it sounds like tin of wasps but its like a gradual noise that accurs over 3k revs

Cat-Manifold join?

Is it like a whistling noise when putting your foot down?

I need to check mine as it seems to be getting worse, though i was told it was normal, the fact it's getting worse makes me think it's not!

Clio 182 cup
...thinking back i've checked the manifold heatshield the other day didnt seem to be loose though how can i secure it

If its not the exhaust or heat shield it maybe the bolts that hold the alternator. Happened to me.

Titanium 182
Centre silencer will be shot, 99% sure of it. Get under your car and give the centre box a knock with a spanner/mallet whatever you have to hand, if it sounds like the baffles have fallen apart then there's your problem.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
i get that, from under the car, pretty sure its the heatshield, but dont drive the car enough to care

Clio 182 cup
hi guys...still getting this sound sounds like its coming form the passenger side at the front my mate reckon to thinks its the simota air filter ive got on but i've checked it and its quite solid can caliper bolts make a rattle noise when loose?

Seat Ibiza
hi guys...still getting this sound sounds like its coming form the passenger side at the front my mate reckon to thinks its the simota air filter ive got on but i've checked it and its quite solid can caliper bolts make a rattle noise when loose?

Mine is similar but mine is the rear box baffles that are loose, can really hear it on tick over when stood behind the car.

Hope its not your caliper bolts as will only rattle so long before they fall off.

Try posting a video mate, might be easier to help.

Titanium 182
Have you checked the things we suggested? It'll be either the cat bolts that need replacing, or the centre section (like I said, give the baffles a whack and see if they rattle at all - if it sounds like there's loose metal inside, there's your problem).

Clio 182 cup
Have you checked the things we suggested? It'll be either the cat bolts that need replacing, or the centre section (like I said, give the baffles a whack and see if they rattle at all - if it sounds like there's loose metal inside, there's your problem).

i've checked what you told me to check its had new exhaust and cat and new cat springs and still making that noise i'll try and see if i can get a video up later

Clio 182
I get the same noise matey, its the manifold/cat join... My exhaust is brand new so that rules out the baffles really. You tried tightening the bolts at the join to see if that cures it - they may have worked loose?