ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stiffen up the rear!

Megane 175 & BG182
So,

Ive done a few track days now in my 182, suspension wise its standard shocks, with apex springs and a whiteline set to stiff!

I find the body roll is still quite bad tho, car looks on a 45 in pictures of me taking corners, not flat like it should be!

Would adding a set of proper coil over units to the rear help this? I don't want to go lower, just stiffer or would those and standard shocks at the front make it feel horrible?

Any advice is welcome but I don't have a huge budget to spend!

Megane 175 & BG182
I have a 182 cup, so assume it has cup shocks! I guess main question is, adjustable on the rear and standard up front, will that make it feel terrible?

330i. E30 Touring.
Coilovers are the next step if you want less roll. Buy decent ones too, not Raceland or similar.

Roll isn't always a bad thing though.

Clio Trophy
You could replace the top suspension mounts with power flex purple or black, get some de pinned shocks from Mark fish, and replace the bushes under the car with uprated ones

330i. E30 Touring.
You could replace the top suspension mounts with power flex purple or black, get some de pinned shocks from Mark fish, and replace the bushes under the car with uprated ones

Only the shocks will change roll.

Megane 175 & BG182
I have a whiteline already, set to stiff! I think I will look into coilovers next, any opinions on the GAZ ones with the rear coilover unit?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Roll resistance is a function of spring rate + ARB rate.
Its also a function of the roll centre.

So you will need either firmer ARB, or firmer springs, or to improve the roll centre.

If you try and flatten it out mainly at the back its like to end up stepping out everywhere and make you slower but could be good fun potentially (until you crash, lol) so I would recomend looking at both ends, epsecially as most of the weight is in the front.

The roll centre correction kit is awesome for cutting down on bodyroll without needing to go too hard on the shocks, but sadly I think the group buys are all done and dusted now and not sure there is another planned.

This is my mk1 cornering really hard, it doesnt really lean at all.

13961420697_997a5166c1_o_zps5c15eb49.jpg

thats with the roll centre correction kit and Nitron coilovers