ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticky Dashboard

clio 172 phs 1
My Phase1 172 top half of dashboard is really sticky to the touch,but doesn't transfer onto my hand once touched....

Has anyone elses Phase1 dash went the same?

I've tried cleaning it but makes no difference? It's as though it's been melted by the sun light over the years....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Someone has used some strong cleaner on it. I know this because I did the same on a customers car.

I found that isopropyl Alcohol more or less sorted it out but the only 100% way to sort it is to replace it.

clio 172 phs 1
Someone has used some strong cleaner on it. I know this because I did the same on a customers car.

I found that isopropyl Alcohol more or less sorted it out but the only 100% way to sort it is to replace it.

Yeah it's a mess,run my hand over it and it just marks the dash,it's proper melted

Clio RS 172 2002
Sticky dash happens to Aussie Clios too. Alcohol cleans it. Just watch the stock head unit the writing on the front gets taken off too. :)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
+_72cad7ce941ca4e3074b62c83ff6940f.jpg

Ph1 Clio 172
Hi,

I had this issue in my car too.
I was afraid using any kind of alcohol.

Try spraying (carefully) diluted APC (or even water with some dish-washing soap), and "scrub" it with a regular cheap paint brush.
Pour some clean water on a towel, and clean the dash with it from the soap.
Then just dry the dashboard, and you will have a new looking dashboard. :rolleyes: