ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo stopped working

As title really, standard cd player in my car packed up yesterday, no power getting to it at all i dont think, doesnt even light up.

Checked the obvious things like the fuse but its fine, any ideas?

(or is this a secret message to get a new headunit?!)

vaux cavalier
Will it eject or load cds, or is it totally dead???

If it will still operate the eject mechanism then its probably the IGN live thats at fault, (either poor connection or blown fuse)....

Blackkk 1.2
selling mine ...........£35 posted if u want it mate .....got the code for it aswell , really good condition to . pm me.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
if its still under warranty renault will replace ur stereo for free as ive replaced about 1million stereos recently

just take out the radio and check both the positive feeds,one works when you turn key on the other is always on

also the dashboard display above the stereo has taken to staying lit now- permanently, even when i lock the car and walk away!!

took the HU out yest and had a play all to no avail. :(

will be replaced by the dealer under warrenty...the guy knew all about it the minute i said to him, said theyve replaced 50 of them in the past month!!

worst thing is theres a pussycat dolls cd in the player and il need to ask for it back! cringe