ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering wheel ( not straight suprise suprise )

1.5dci
P7270007.jpg
[/IMG]

picture :p

trackin was done im sure when it was in the garage havin mot n all that .. but ive had it done before n it didnt sort it .. lol

so the weels there are direct straight - if i 'centralise' the steering while driving, she goes off to the right - ive had a poke around underneath before now, everything looks intact n nothing is bent ? when im driving it occasionally feels like the steering is light too, like say if im going round a bend, it feels like i havent terned enough where as i have, almost like i have to tern the wheel too much

any suggestions ?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Get it done again !

Worn top mounts can sometimes lead to the tracking being out...

1.5dci
thing is tho, ive checked my tyre depths ( usually you'd get uneven worn ? ) and there level really, theres no inside/outside wear so, im unconvinced its tracking, - i'll take a butchers look at top mounts :)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Either that or someones done the tracking but not centralised the wheel!

1.5dci
hmm worth a second shot at it then really - well bonus - already gonna get a mate to do it for me will soon see ina couple weeks :p

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Make sure the steering wheel is straight preferably get the steering lock on in the position you want it to be in, then do the tracking.

1.5dci
he works ina tyre garage pal so can do it all properly - im at work now for the next 4 days, so i'll try get round to it when im off next