ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel clio 182

Black gold 182
I have taken airbag off and the big torx bolt off. The steering wheel won't come off. What am I missing?

I assume you have undone all the wires etc.

put the torx back in loosely (this will stop you pulling it out to quickly and smashing yourself in the face) then pull/wiggle the steering wheel towards you. It will come off.

One trick is to put both feet on the dash and then pull with the force of your weight :rasp: kidding of course

Mine took some force but not a lot. I take it you have your steering wheel dead centre and with it in steering lock or what ever its called?

Black gold 182
Yea it's on lock. Didn't know if its locked in with anything else. Every post I read say just pull. But don't work. It's not like some where you tighten the bolt up and it locks its self in with clips or owt?

no don't use force; one hand either side of the wheel and wiggle it.

Well mine came off fine with a bit of force. Cant see the issue with that as long as no wires are in the way but just wiggle away at it as it should come off doing it that way

Yea it's on lock. Didn't know if its locked in with anything else. Every post I read say just pull. But don't work. It's not like some where you tighten the bolt up and it locks its self in with clips or owt?
Well if you have done it the same as that guide I linked you too then it should come off

Black gold 182
Yea done it mate that's the one I read to do it in first place. Only reason taking it off is to take lower dash off. And that all that holding me to remove it

Yea done it mate that's the one I read to do it in first place. Only reason taking it off is to take lower dash off. And that all that holding me to remove it

Does it move at all when you wiggle your steering wheel?

​Really not sure what to suggest as I never had an issue taking mine off