ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel Angle Sensor Helpp !!

BG 182
Hey I've got a 53 plate Clio 172 which I've had the ESP and SERV light come up when I touched my steering wheel so I finally got it booked in to Renault and they've come back to me saying that it's broken and I need a new one which is going to cost me £340 vat exc for a new one.

When I brought the car it had 182 cruise control retro fitted I removed the steering wheel and replaced it with an OMP one but a friend of mine has a 172 51 plate and his doesn't have a steering wheel sensor if I was to go back to the same squib as him would this possibly solve my problem or can anyone point me in the right direction at all ? He's also got a OMP wheel fitted and has had no lights come up at all

Im located in Colchester Essex but can travel for the right help

Cheers chris :)

BG 182
Yeah for the size of it I did think it was rather excessive :( who's this Adam ? Also do you know if it would need reprogramming to my car ?

Lionel Richie
Just ring him and ask him, he works at Renault parts (main trade hub) does mail order worldwide on everything, cheapest there is!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Think I was quoted approx £120ish when mine broke, just robbed one out of a 172 with traction control fitted that and everything worked again. Didn't require reprogramming.