ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel airbag resistors

Clio 172 Sport
Hi all,

I know there are alot of threads on here about resistors and i have read alot of them, my problem is i do not have 2 big yellow clips to put the resistors in.

the previous owner changed the steering wheel and all i have is what can be seen in the attached pictures.

One thread i was reading i understood that the clip at the connector at the top of the unit related to the airbags (and i think cruise control). the tread mentioned a resistor between orange and grey wires and another between biege and salmon, which is what i beleive i have done in the picture below.

basicly im after someone to tell me if what i have done i correct (or if i even have the right wires) as the airbag light is still on.

.. Just an after throught ive changed the seats to bucket seats and put the resistors in the correct places in these plugs. But what im wondering is.. when i got the car, the passenger seat aribag had gone off... would this show up the airbag light even if i have the resistors in place? would it need to be reset by plugging the car into the computer?

any help much appriciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    768.5 KB · Views: 111
You should have two yellow connectors coming out of the rectangle hole above the thread where the steering wheel screws into. These are the connectors you need to put resistors in.
Do you not have these connectors tucked away somewhere?

Clio 172 Sport
You should have two yellow connectors coming out of the rectangle hole above the thread where the steering wheel screws into. These are the connectors you need to put resistors in.
Do you not have these connectors tucked away somewhere?
Chris,

Thanks for your reply. No there's no yellow wires tucked away... I assume the yellow wires are just an extension of the plug that clips in behind the "rectangle hole above the thread"?