ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering rack bushes

Do all 172's have these? If anybody has a picture of the set up would be great. My steering is very twitchy the tracking needs done for sure though I keep reading about these steering rack bushes on here. When I had the subframe off I had the rack off aswell and there were no bushes on this?

ph1-172
i didn't think there was any bushes either.

have you checked all you ball joints? maybe got warn antiroll bar or wishbone bushes?

Thanks for the reply mate. I am thinking it's maybe just some racks that have them as my one didn't though makes me wonder why.

Everything seems ok and it's all passed the MOT but I am going to have to change these bit by bit thinking of starting with the balljoints and track rods.The steering almost sticks the way you are turning then violently throws itself straight it's not very enjoyable. Don't know how but the wheels can noticably be seen toeing out so hoping when the tracking is done it will sort it out a bit. The drivers tyre is screeching going round bends and speeds under 30!

ph1-172
it sound like its to do with geometery, a friends golf used to do a similar thing. it was 10 times better after getting the tracking done.

good luck sorting it

Appreciate that cheers. My old 1.2 had the tracking miles off and it was ok nothing as bad as this though suppose it's a different set up. Will try tracking and cross my fingers.