ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stealthy V6

Clio v6
I like it very much, but I liked it standard very much.
mgp1.jpg

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Haven't posted on here for ages. Thought I'd update things as I've had the car off the road for a good year now and its had no engine for 6 months of that. I ended up collecting bits and bobs to make a n/a screamer. The biggest part being a sadev gearbox which later fell through. Because of that, I ended up looking for a gearbox solution that would enable me to take the car beyond 350hp or so. In the end I decided to use an audi 01E/01X transaxle. And yes, for those thinking about it, that does involve swinging the entire engine 90 degree's the other way! Theory being that ill have an ultra stong 'box with the bonus of shifting the heavy v6 weight into the middle of the car. Problem is I didn't quit using the audi parts there. Instead, I pushed the camed up original engine to one side and bought a 2.7 bi turbo motor from a B5 S4. This gives me a very easy route to 450hp. Now that my Vee has no engine and I've spent weeks and weeks drawing blue prints, it seems he whole lot will slot in perfectly with out any body modifications.
At present the car is booked in to the shop for the begining of april. Work will include final fitting, a switch to a large single turbo, stand alone management, charge cooling and all the other bits and bobs. So hpefully by the start of next year the car will be running as I want it with a good more ammount of gogo than before. I will post pictures soon.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Haven't posted on here for ages. Thought I'd update things as I've had the car off the road for a good year now and its had no engine for 6 months of that. I ended up collecting bits and bobs to make a n/a screamer. The biggest part being a sadev gearbox which later fell through. Because of that, I ended up looking for a gearbox solution that would enable me to take the car beyond 350hp or so. In the end I decided to use an audi 01E/01X transaxle. And yes, for those thinking about it, that does involve swinging the entire engine 90 degree's the other way! Theory being that ill have an ultra stong 'box with the bonus of shifting the heavy v6 weight into the middle of the car. Problem is I didn't quit using the audi parts there. Instead, I pushed the camed up original engine to one side and bought a 2.7 bi turbo motor from a B5 S4. This gives me a very easy route to 450hp. Now that my Vee has no engine and I've spent weeks and weeks drawing blue prints, it seems he whole lot will slot in perfectly with out any body modifications.
At present the car is booked in to the shop for the begining of april. Work will include final fitting, a switch to a large single turbo, stand alone management, charge cooling and all the other bits and bobs. So hpefully by the start of next year the car will be running as I want it with a good more ammount of gogo than before. I will post pictures soon.

BRILLIANT stuff, absolutely awesome, the renault running gear is all that lets them down, with the audi setup in there it will be totally amazing.

You sir, are a LEGEND!

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Awesome!

pleased to hear you still have it and are ploughing more blood sweat and tears into it!

be sure you keep updating ...

S4 Avant
Jesus. Heroic choice of engine. It's epic in an S4, will be a riot in a clio!

I'm predicting KO4's and RS4 intercoolers in the side pods?

S4 Avant

I've just read your post properly. That is a serious amount of work required. I'd be very tempted to stick with tried and tested methods.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172

Nope! Lol Going down a road that alot sweeds and Gatebil nutters go just to be a bit different. Holset HX40 using equal length tubular manifolds merged in to one. I do have the intercoolers but the only option I have is the use of a large chargecooler above the inlet manifold that will be plumbed into a second rad under the bonnet. How it'll work and drive I don't know but its good fun building something like this.

S4 Avant
Mad! Charge cooler is probably the more sensible option to be fair, considering the position of the engine and lack of air flow for intercoolers.

Heat will be your friend in there, that's for sure!

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Yeah heat has always been an issue even with the stock engine. This is one of the main reasons I'm going down the road of a large single turbo. At least this way the heat is much more localised and manageable than two units on each bank heating every inch of the rear. Fingers crossed it'll be good to trackday hard alday long.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Epic. It was me in the caged flamer you saw the other day chap. Next time I'm back in Northampton I'll PM you as I wouldn't mind seeing the V!

Yeah no probs mate. Its a bit bare at the moment but will look better with the motor and turbo mocked up.

Disastra Coupe
Me?

i give a s**t about buffer trails. Its a brilliant colour. Take care of it!

I do too... But if a cars running serious power that paint is only going to get ruined from stone chips if it's used properly.

Perhaps i've just realised that whilst you did ought to keep care of paintwork, you're much better off just using the car!

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Forgot to mention the whole car is to be repainted again sorry guys. Might be 1 of 4 colours this time, one being Nocturne as I still love it. Will include full engine bay repaint too. I got pretty pissed off with the stone chips so I'd love to fit a full front venturesheild kit this time. All though I'll treat it like one, I don't want it to lool like a track ****.

Is that turbo above definatly a HX40. The one I have is much bigger. Might just be a slightly different housing than mine.

Clio V6 255
Might be 1 of 4 colours this time, one being Nocturne as I still love it.
Guessing Moonlight blue;)

Loving the work Brett can't wait to see the beast up and running.

Dan.G

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Sweet jesus! Some project there, good luck, hope this works will be an epic beast!

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Guessing Moonlight blue;)

Loving the work Brett can't wait to see the beast up and running.

No, not a lover of moonlight blue personaly. The colour I really want is as about as lairy as you'll get but I'm not sure it'll look right with a ph1 front. Might look into fitting a ph2 front as its much cheaper than the ph1 stuff and has a bigger front grill which will aid my cooling issues. I'm just not a fan of trying to make it look something its not.
On a good note, my gearbox has finaly arrived today so I'll be cleaning everything and mocking it up soon. Its took me ages to find exactly the one I want but now I'm confident I can throw over 600+hp through it without giving me issues. (Not that it'll be 600hp until the rods and pistons are changed)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What box are you using then mate?
A VAG one or an aftermarket one?

600bhp would be ideal IMHO, would give it similar performance to my mid engined nova, its EXACTLY what the v6 clio needs, its just such a heavy wee beasty that it needs big numbers to make it exciting.

RS172 Flamer
Nice mad scientist idea! Surprised no one has put an F4R in the front of one of these V6 Clios ;) Twin Engine Clio <3