ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

STD Exhaust, how crap?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Right, so i've had the 172 since sunday and at 2k and 3k i get a vibration-tinny sound from the backbox, i havn't ruled out the heatshield yet till i get it on a ramp this weekend. I've also noticed when i put my foot down i get a sound like somethings blowing, manifold is on tight and the exhaust system itself appears to be quite new. Is it possible its just a shitty exhaust?

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
in my old car i got a stone in the back box! annoyed the hell out off me! or maybe the baffells? most prob heat shield though mate

Evo 6, E92 320d
Certainly sounds like a blow,i thought it was due to the airbox being a bit apart so i sealed it up, yet the 'blow' remains.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Had a look today, verdict is i need a decent gasket for the cat-mid pipe as there is a slight blow, and the backbox is brand new, unfortunately its a budget job so thats why it sound a bit crap.

My car's exhaust hangers broke and with wheel spinning etc. It has a blow on where the exhaust pipes meet the manifold. Im getting some new mounts and a new D ring. Maybe something to do with it? Has it dropped?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Its not droped that i can see of, i think its the fact that its been sealed with the paste which has not sealed correctly. Car is booked into renault next week so ill get them to do it.

renaultsport 182
Right, so i've had the 172 since sunday and at 2k and 3k i get a vibration-tinny sound from the backbox, i havn't ruled out the heatshield yet till i get it on a ramp this weekend. I've also noticed when i put my foot down i get a sound like somethings blowing, manifold is on tight and the exhaust system itself appears to be quite new. Is it possible its just a s**tty exhaust?

this happened to mine today... might as well buy a sporty one now