ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting to like the MK3 197

Black 197
The people who are slagging the 197 clearly havent owned one. I've owned a ph 2 172 and was perfectly happy with it,until it turned 20k and it self destructed. You bang on about how great they are. Yeah they are fast but whats the pleasure in watching a little car that has no road presence anymore drop to pieces while renault excells with technology and design with the 197. I posted a thread a while ago asking if anyone in the real world had actually gone head to head with a 197....there answers.... "theres little in it" so the 172 182 197 speed argument went out the window a long time ago. Get with the times.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The people who are slagging the 197 clearly havent owned one. I've owned a ph 2 172 and was perfectly happy with it,until it turned 20k and it self destructed. You bang on about how great they are. Yeah they are fast but whats the pleasure in watching a little car that has no road presence anymore drop to pieces while renault excells with technology and design with the 197. I posted a thread a while ago asking if anyone in the real world had actually gone head to head with a 197....there answers.... "theres little in it" so the 172 182 197 speed argument went out the window a long time ago. Get with the times.

Thats taking it too far mate, its still a renault ;) I love the 197 (see previous posts)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=244284

J03

MX5 1.8
i think people who 'slagged' of the 197 in the first place maybe because the 197 is better than their 182 or 172.. lol