ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting quarm

clio 182 FF
Good evening,

Today after work i went to start the car as usual. Most of the time it fires streight up but every now and then it seems to start lazy. Ive had the car about 10 weeks and its done this maybe 3 times.

it feels almost as if the battery is flat. it lazily turns over for about 5 seconds before firing up. Then the next time it will start streght away. And it wont do it for a few weeks. Its completely random.

anyone got any ideas? Ive got the feeling some day its goin to leave me stranded not starting

Clio 172 Cup
If you've only had the car 10 weeks, do you know it's history and whether it's been serviced correctly.
With winter here, consider a full service: change the battery, fit new plugs, oil and filter.
Also, check the earth lead and clean it for good contact.

clio 182 FF
Did it again tonight.

It only ever does it when its 0 degrees or colder outside. Coincidence? Im not sure.

yes car has full service history stamped up. Next service is due september 2014 or 88k miles. Car currently on 82k.

any ideas?

172 Cup
Oddly mine used to do this! But seemed to of been remedied after having my belts and dephaser changed haha! No doubt not related in the slightest, just an odd coincidence.

When a car is a tad odd at starting not even starting at all for the first turn sometimes, the crankshaft position sensor are usually checked first!