ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting issues

Jap Box
Grateful to anyone that can help on this one :)

Car occasionally has problems starting, it engages and everything but the starter will just constantly try and nothing turns over.

Ive replaced the battery and spark plugs (Needed them anyway) and its a lot more responsive now, and the misfire is gone :)

The problem is still there though, its not the immobilizer as the red light turns off, so im thinking the crank sensor?

Any other ideas would be great though before I go buying new parts it doesn't need.

Clio 182 Cup (FF)
Mine was doing something similar a while ago. It would click and not turn over.
I replaced the crack sensor and no issues since, it was only £18 from an auto factors.

1.2 16v clio
Ive got a simiar issue at the moment and the guy in the garage is telling me that it is a crank shaft sensor and it is fairly common for them to go on my model (mk2 04 1.2 16V dynamique)

Jap Box
Mine was doing something similar a while ago. It would click and not turn over.
I replaced the crack sensor and no issues since, it was only £18 from an auto factors.

Ive got a simiar issue at the moment and the guy in the garage is telling me that it is a crank shaft sensor and it is fairly common for them to go on my model (mk2 04 1.2 16V dynamique)

Cheers guys :) cheap enough part then, il get that swapped over when I get the speedo sensor and dogbone mount done :)

Still pleased at how better the car performs with just new plugs!