ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting issues.

monaco 172
what voltage is required at the battery for it to start my car, ive been having issues with it starting due to my battery draining, today when i went to go out, i checked the voltage of the battery and it was 11.7v and it started fine and increased to 13.8 whilst running, i let it run for a couple of minutes then turned the car off. i went back to my car a few hours later, and it wouldnt start so i checked the battery with the multimeter and it was showing 11.7v but jus wouldnt start, the lights and everything work and it tries to start but then stops after about 3-4 seconds of turning the key. its starting to annoy me now as im trying to sell it but would rather get the problem fixed first. cheers guys.

1.2 16v Extream, Black
mine is doing this now after done just engine change, is it like were it just stops tryin to start the car?? im desperate to find out wat the problem is!!

monaco 172
yes mate, it tries for like 3 seconds then stops. then i try again and theres nothing, yet there is still 11.7v on the multimeter.

1.2 16v Extream, Black
ive not checked wat my battery vaultage is, my mates got the car tomorow tryin to find out wat it is if i find out ill drop u a message :D it proper doin me sweed in now tho.

monaco 172
Hmm. I had the alternator tested and it was fine. Also have a reciept for an alternator from 2years ago so that should b working as it should.