ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Started PCing The 1.Poo Today!(Pic Heavy&quiet a long read!)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Well, woke up bright and early to get cracking on the car... But alas, it was P*ssing it down :( so i waited while 10 for it to finally clear up abit, and i got a bit of sunshine aswell (loves it!)

So, out comes all the car cleaning shizzle:
DSC00562.gif

Right, now time for some before pictures!

DSC00552.gif

DSC00553.gif

DSC00554.gif

DSC00555.gif

DSC00556.gif

DSC00557.gif

So i first started by using the jetwash to get rid of all the crappy muck (im planning on buying a snow lance woop!)

DSC00565.gif

I then cleaned inside the fuel filler cap,

DSC00563.gif

and jetwashed all the door sills

DSC00566.gif

after a thorough wash (washed the car 2 times) i chamonied it down to make sure i got all of the gritty crap off the paintwork

DSC00567.gif

I then began to clay the paint. As a lubricant, (i made my own, pikey lubes FTW!) i used water and car washing liquid soloution in a spray bottle. rubbed the clay against all of the paintwork to get rid of bonded contaminents. here is what came off of the front wheel arch:

DSC00568.gif

I thought this was bad but when i got round the whole car (folding the clay after each panel/when needed) there was loads of black shite all over it.

I clayed round the front fogs and got in all the little nooks and crannys at the front of the car:

DSC00569.gif

Here is a random bonnet shot:

DSC00570.gif

You can really tell the difference already in real life. pictures dont really justify my work up to this point as i only have a 3 MP camera :(. Car clayed:

DSC00571.gif

Anyway, moving on! I then taped the fooker up ready to get the Rotory polisher beast on the go:

DSC00572.gif

A pick of my new toy!:

DSC00574.gif

I PC'd The bonnet, roof and the boot (pictures below). TBH its not the best of jobs as far as PCing a car goes, however its a million times better finish then hand polishing it.

DSC00577.gif

DSC00582.gif

I tried to get some before and after swirl shots, but the sun wasn't playing and i didn't exactly have the best of cameras so sorry about that folks!

Tomorrow im going to tackle the rest of the car and hopefully fully clean the interior with some new goodies i have got.

The car as it stands has a really, dark glossy roof bonnet and boot, but the sides look abit cruddy!

The is some reconsilliation however, as Middo has agreed to learn me how to use it sometime next week, so hopefully il have my car spot on and il learn a few new tricks.

Using a PC is harder than itfecking looks thats for sure, however im hoping that il get better with experience and alot of practise!

I shall update this thread tomorrow when i do the rest but i was proud of what i have done up to now so made a thread:D

I still need to polish/dress the wheels and seal everything with some wax and sealent but pretty good up to now!

The pictures really dont do the car justice, but i am pleased with it up to now!

I plan to remove the yozza sticker, colourcode therest of the bump strips, and also maybe powder coat the wheels black (stealth styleeeee)
Thanks for reading

Comments/suggestions welcome.

Luke!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Good job mate, looking good!

But it isnt harder than it looks at all, polish, on, whizz about a bit, wipe off!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Good job mate, looking good!

But it isnt harder than it looks at all, polish, on, whizz about a bit, wipe off!

Why dont you Fook off!?

Trying to get rid of swirls is a fucker of a job IMO (bear in mind im a n00b to this)

Shall keep reading up and practising though :cool:

106 GTi
lol @ whizz about a bit!

You will soon get used to how many passes you need at what speeds and how much pressure to use, time taken per panel and the correct amount of polish. I wish it was as easy as Pepsi says. You have the worst colour to perfect once you have mastered black other colours will be easy :)

Keep up the good work.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Cheers :D

Rich i kinda blame you TBH. Ever since i saw your BG 182 i needed my car to look as immaculate as yours did. so il be at it every day

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Only joking mate, just take it easy as said and it will come with practice. Think I did 7 cars when I had it and it soon gets easier, noticed a big improvement in skills after the first 2/3.

Storm Grey 200
Im sure the black paint is pretty unforgiving with the swirls, i know mine looks freaking awful :(

Family Bus
Ahem.

Mine next please Luke....

Lovesit.. smashing hon..proper SHINY!!!!!

(Mine is a shed again :( )

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Ahem.

Mine next please Luke....

Lovesit.. smashing hon..proper SHINY!!!!!

(Mine is a shed again :( )
Ya Fuker! all that time we spent on it... I told u last week though,

get a bucket of soapy water (NOT WASHING UP LIQUID!) a clean sponge/washing mitt and just wash it offf. it will look the same because we built up s**t loads of protection on it :cool: yours is easy to keep clean anyway!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Lol norm, i am in the process of re laquering them as when i polished them i got orange all over the place.

You pikey :rasp: