ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

standard/Stainless 172 hyrbid exhuast

Dci 100
anyone ever tried using a Decat, stainless steel mid section and then fitting a standard back box to a 172??

I know there would be a difference in bore size at the join between mid section and back box and that it would affect pressure and that it wouldnt really seem to make any sense to do make an exhaust system like it, but any ideas what it would sound like? is the back box that effective at reducing noise?

would it cause any problems with the running of the car?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
No problems as per running but mating stainless and mild would act as a catalyst for corrosion meaning the mild would rust much quicker than usual.

Dci 100
right, would it still do that if you put a sleave over the join?

how about the sound of the system, what would that be like?

I had a mk2 ph1 1.6 with a decat, straight through stainless midsection and at one point a standard back box. Sound wise, was f'ing loud still, performance was still better but didnt feel the same as with my after market backbox