ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 182 vs rx8

Status
Not open for further replies.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
If they were both "untuched", then surely they would be stationary. A draw I'd say.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I care a lot about this thread.. honestly.

*Goes off to find the influx thread...

172 Ph1, 1972 Mini 1
Having gone back to an RX8 from my 172 i would think it would be very close, the RX8 has better initial traction and would probably stay ahead, my 172 felt faster in the 20 - 60 mph range but seemed to lose it after 60 where the RX8 is just getting into its stride.

The rx8 does 50 to 82 (7000 in 2nd to top of 3rd gear) very quickly so that might just win it, never tried pulling hard through 4th so don't know how it does beyond there.

I'd imagine the RX would make better traction off the line and then an even pull untill about 80-90 where it will ever so slightly edge further away

Audi A5
I have drove quite a lot of rx-8 and they are guttless the rotary engine has no torque and they are quite heavy to I'm not sure who would win in a drag but I would put my money on the 182

406 V6, Race Buggy
But yes it was a clear Win by the 1*2.

And you both had exactly the same tyres, same pressures, and you and the other driver are identical twins who have reaction times within milliseconds of each other, right?

No? Oh well. They're close enough that the driver/launch would make the difference tbh, but the RX-8 is the faster car all else being equal.

Last edited:
  Italian 3.2 V6
And you both had exactly the same tyres, same pressures, and you and the other driver are identical twins who have reaction times within milliseconds of each other, right?

No? Oh well. They're close enough that the driver/launch would make the difference tbh, but the RX-8 is the faster car all else being equal.

Yup exactly the same :)

Status
Not open for further replies.