ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

standard 172 beam on 172 cup

-Dan-

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Guys, just looking for some advice going to be replacing my rear beam due to fitting solid bushes and cant be arsed to have my car sat with no rear while I get It all done, take my time then and still use the car.

how do I go about fitting the bias valve is it a bolt off and on the new beam job or are they specific to the cup beam?

also what sort of weight are they? will I need someone to help me or can I just lay on the floor and let it drop on my chest without breaking me?

Regards Dan

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I just layed my beam on a mat with a jack at one end while I bolted the end I was holding up to the body of the car.

My beam had just come back from being powder coated.

Once it was bolted to the car then I added the hub's, disc's etc.

182cup & 172 racecar
Or jack in the middle and raise both sides at the same time.
Don't tighten bush bolts until the car is on the ground.

172 Rally Car
Before you take it off make sure you have a jack or something under the front end.
soon as you undo both shocks the car will become light at the back and pivot on the front axel stands and hit the floor

-Dan-

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the advice guys, I've only got it jacked up at the rear for now, should have enough room as it is I'm only thin.

last time I took my mates Astra GSI front subframe off I had a jack supporting while I took the bolts out was expecting 25-30kg on my chest it was more like 50kg when I told him to drop it I got the weight it took me by surprise and bloody hurt.