ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

standard 172 back box?

Silver 172 cup
What should this look like?

I got my silver 172 back in Feb last year and when I first got it, it needed a new exhaust. This was fitted at National Tyres and has always been a cube shaped back box. In August it needed a replacement which was done under guarantee - again, a cube shaped back box.

Today I have had it replaced again (Still under warranty) and it is now a circular shaped back box which sits much further off the ground, and the general torque and poke of the car low down seems to have improved dramatically... does this mean I've been driving a 172 cup with a 1.2 exhaust for the past 20 months????

I have always said to my mates that this 172 cup I own now doesnt seem as potent as my old blue one I had a few years ago... maybe the route cause for this has now been identified?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
if you've gone to national tyres, it will be whatever they've got knocking around that fits. They won't be fitting decent genuine stuff.

Silver 172 cup
if you've gone to national tyres, it will be whatever they've got knocking around that fits. They won't be fitting decent genuine stuff.

On all occasions they've had to order the parts from Renault and i've had to wait for it to be delivered. They have fitted an RN904 today.

Focus
I fitted a non gen 172 centre and back box, the back box was cube. Noisey and felt horribly restrictive!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
there is no way in a million years unless you actually specify they go to Renault themselves and march them to the parts counter that somewhere like nat tyres/kwik f**k up etc will be using genuine parts, for starters a genuine Renault backbox is like 300 quid isn't it? :)

rip the lot off and get a yozza I say or a ktec stealth (silenced)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Genuine:
IMAG0526.jpg

Genuine system (cat back) for a 172 works out at around £360 all in. Back box is about £200 of that)