ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stainless full cat back Central Scotland?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Where is best to go in order to buy and fit a full cat back system in the Glasgow/Central Scotland area?

Thanks for any help.

Sneeks

Citroen DS3 DSport
Are Powerflow systems any good? Also what sort of price am I looking at from motorsportworld?

Does the standard 172 exhaust come in several parts or do I need to replace it all? Basically what's my cheapest way of getting my car fixed as it's making a hell of a noise now it's blown?

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
sneeks said:
Are Powerflow systems any good?

The best

sneeks said:
Basically what's my cheapest way of getting my car fixed as it's making a hell of a noise now it's blown?

Gun gum or similar, i patched a 2inch hole with this stuff, bit of mesh and yor away...

Citroen DS3 DSport
Well I looked at it again this morning and the back box is now sitting at an alarming angle :D The car got left at home today and I'll try source prices today for a new exhaust.

Citroen DS3 DSport
MSW quoted me £280 but they cannot fit the exhaust till next Friday which is not very handy. Any other recommendations for the Glasgow area?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Is something like this any good?

Manufacturer : Janspeed Exhausts
Category : Janspeed Exhausts - Renault
Sub-category : CLIO SPORT 172 01>
Application : Stainless Steel Cat Back System
Product Code: J-SS829
Details : TWIN 76MM X 70MM BACK-SLASHED OVALS
Price: £296.99 inc VAT

Cancel that idea, by the time I've paid to have it fitted it'll cost far more than the custom option.

VW ....
Outrun performance near cumbernauld seem ok but whatever you do dont go to CRD in East Calder as their quality of work is truly s**t .

Citroen DS3 DSport
Thanks for the advice as I'd phoned CRD already this morning :D They weren't very good value anyway.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I may have to wait which unfortunately leaves me struggling to get to Prestwick airport next week. Are there any temp fixes that'll allow me to use the car for another week or so till I can get it booked in somewhere?

VW ....
As gav said u can get tape or gum from halfords ,if its hanging at a wierd angle maybe straighten it up & tie it with wire ??

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll try secure the backbox before it falls off completely. If this is not possible would there be any problems, mechanically or legally, from driving my car without the backbox?

I've decided on a custom system from MSW at a cost of £280 but this is not possible till over a week from now.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Ok back to my earlier post as this may be the quickest and easiest option for me as I can't really afford to be without the car for a week:

Is something like this any good?

Manufacturer : Janspeed Exhausts
Category : Janspeed Exhausts - Renault
Sub-category : CLIO SPORT 172 01>
Application : Stainless Steel Cat Back System
Product Code: J-SS829
Details : TWIN 76MM X 70MM BACK-SLASHED OVALS
Price: £296.99 inc VAT

Citroen DS3 DSport
I know very little about what is good or bad so all help is appreciated :)

The lovely Kwik-Fit quoted £250 for a standard exhaust inc fitting but I don't think I could trust them with my car.

Your best bet in my opinion would be MMV PERFORMACE in the Raploch(STIRLING)they done my last Cliosport and it sounded quality,prices are really good aswell check them out (01786)448800

CRAGS said:
Your best bet in my opinion would be MMV PERFORMACE in the Raploch(STIRLING)they done my last Cliosport and it sounded quality,prices are really good aswell check them out (01786)448800
^^^POWERFLOW Exhaust systems

Renault Clio Dynamique
Sounds Of Silence in Falkirik are good mate! Davo and Goldie are two top class blokes who if I'm sure you explain you need it done asap will probably squeeze you in :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I phoned them but they cannot help till Thursday at the earliest and I need to use the car on Wed and Thursday to travel to Prestwick airport and back.

I may have to replace the exhaust with a standard one instead which I can get fitted nextday.

sneeks said:
I phoned them but they cannot help till Thursday at the earliest and I need to use the car on Wed and Thursday to travel to Prestwick airport and back.

I may have to replace the exhaust with a standard one instead which I can get fitted nextday.
You tried MMV?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah they were also over a week before they could help and were £60-£80 more expensive than most other places I'd tried :(

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've been left with no choice but to go with a standard replacement exhaust otherwise I'd be without my car at a time when I really need it. I assume the only thing I'd gain from a stainless system is a slightly better noise and it'd last longer? The replacement I'm probably going to get comes with a 3 year guarantee and I'll not be keeping the car past that time anyway.

VW ....
s/s is the way forward ,would release a few horses ,sound good & yea last a lifetime but hey who keeps a car that long eh .

shame u cant hang off for one ,i personally would never take my car to kwik-s**t but if needs must .

VW ....
dunno if they are any good,best thing to do would be to start another thread asking others if they are ok ,as this is a thread for fitters in Scotland which a lot wont look in .

Manse Vehicle Services in Cairneyhill- 20mins from Stirling just before Dunfermline. I paid £350 for replaceable Cat section + Full Custom 2.5" stainless with one off twin tail- 3.5" together with twin grooved rings round. Good quality of work & very, very loud. Pops, bangs the lot. Not for MWay driving but a cracking difference at top end.