ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stadia £19.99

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
That's awesome. I mean, they're likely to shitcan the service any time soon because a) they're Google and b) it's not exactly been a success but honestly for that price what's not to like.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
That looks like a good deal, anyone got any experience with Stadia though?

How stable is it and would it work on average hotel WiFi networks?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
That seems expensive to me
Obviously not.

Screenshot_20211119_213723_com.android.chrome.jpg

Chromecast ultra alone is usually around £45.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cloud gaming is the exact opposite of failure! Have you used stadia or xcloud gaming with game pass?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think cloud gaming is there just yet. Maybe for some single player games but for anything against other people, I'd guess the majority of people don't have fast enough internet speeds.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Isn't cloud gaming the future of gaming?

Of course it is, you sound like a marketing campaign right there 😂

It’s fine if you don’t really enjoy playing games, I would imagine Stadia will be shut down in a few years.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Of course it is, you sound like a marketing campaign right there 😂

It’s fine if you don’t really enjoy playing games, I would imagine Stadia will be shut down in a few years.
Just a simple question tbh. I'd never even heard of stadia until this thread

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, ordered, controller can apparently be connected to a PC with a bit of effort to so easily worth it even if I don't use the Stadia itself.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I received mine on Thursday, estimate was mid December. Mine also appears to be a returned unit, some minor scratches by the USB-C port on the controller, but not a big deal, works perfectly.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Ordered one of these, for £19.99 it was a no brainer, not used it yet though, but it arrived a few days ago.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
So, turns out my LG OLED TV can now download the Stadia app and play games on the TV directly, cunning.

Tried it over the weekend, it was unplayable, just juddering sound & image, so was not impressed. (n)

Worked out how to drop the quality, as I thought 1080p might be better, it wasn't and neither was 720p, all the same juddering mess! 🤦‍♂️

So Googled it, I am well above the recommended connection speed, so in theory it should play 4K games just fine, I Googled some more and lots of people were reporting that WIFI is generally useless, but hard wiring works a lot better.

Found a network cable, plugged the TV into the router and bingo, flawless 4k HDR gaming with no additional hardware, noice!

Means I can stick the Chromecast on the old TV upstairs and use the app built into the TV downstairs, although I may as well use the XBox downstairs TBH as there's nothing exclusive on the Stadia.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Not actually tried the Chromecast yet, do they work better on wifi for gaming or will I need to hardwire that too?

Anyone else had issues?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
So, turns out my LG OLED TV can now download the Stadia app and play games on the TV directly, cunning.

Tried it over the weekend, it was unplayable, just juddering sound & image, so was not impressed. (n)

Worked out how to drop the quality, as I thought 1080p might be better, it wasn't and neither was 720p, all the same juddering mess! 🤦‍♂️

So Googled it, I am well above the recommended connection speed, so in theory it should play 4K games just fine, I Googled some more and lots of people were reporting that WIFI is generally useless, but hard wiring works a lot better.

Found a network cable, plugged the TV into the router and bingo, flawless 4k HDR gaming with no additional hardware, noice!

Means I can stick the Chromecast on the old TV upstairs and use the app built into the TV downstairs, although I may as well use the XBox downstairs TBH as there's nothing exclusive on the Stadia.
I'll keep on repeating this until wireless genuinely becomes superior. Yes, cables are a pain - they are unsightly, need to be hidden ideally, not always practical to run between rooms - yet they are cheap as chips when you make your own and piss all over wireless in terms of performance comparison.

The above just proves this and is probably repeated in many homes across the country. People either putting up with poor performance when their kit can easily support it - or worse, giving up entirely on it because they won't (or can't) use a cable.

When you can, you should always use one. Wireless has its place, but it is vastly inferior on every level.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Agreed, my PC, XBox, etc, have always hardwired, but the TV never needed it, until now...

It can happily stream 4K TV & films, gaming is a lot more demanding though.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Think I just had the refund for this.

Sold the controller for a tenner on eBay over summer. 😅

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Yep they closed down the severs and refunded everyone.

I bought it for £20 on a deal that included the chromecast ultra as I only wanted that.
Kept the chromecast, sold the controller for £15 and now getting £20 back and obviously got the chromecast ultra. Feel like I've won the lottery 😂

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I was gutted when they announced it. Had a load of free games that the kids played.
Another thing Google has killed off. It played superb (cyber punk). FFS.