ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ST Content Inside ..

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Hi All,

I sold the 182 last week to another member on here, I needed to buy a diesel car because of a massive increase in my commuting distance because of an office move.

I've always loved these and was able to find a top of the range model that was in mint condition:

IMG_9787.jpg

IMG_9788.jpg

IMG_9793.jpg

IMG_9789.jpg

IMG_9791.jpg

IMG_9792.jpg

It has nearly every factory option bar the Recaro Seats (I have no idea why someone would buy such a high spec car without these seats!) and the Bluetooth - although I had a new Bury kit fitted on Thursday.

On the way back from picking her up I was hitting 60 mpg, it's a 6 speed gearbox so coasts along at 2k revs at 70.

It's bloody quick though for a diesel!

Cheers,
Simon

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
With the right spec they are one of the best all round cars ever made. I love them.

A work colleague has one of the last ones made. Same colour and epic spec. I kinda love the diesel more than the 220 petrol! :eek:

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I thought you'd be one of the first to reply! ;)

I tell you what, I think I prefer this over the Clio. The gearbox is epic and the pull from 4th onwards is awesome!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Am I that predictable? :eek:

Since they introduced the ib5 gearbox they have been awesome.

Heated seats? The only issue I think is the corroding wheels after they are diamond cut.

Megane 225 F1
Massive soft spot for these. There's something about the way they look that just looks mean.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I paid £6500 - it has 78k on the clock, I may have paid over the odds a bit but I have a nice clean example.

Gally, it has the heated seats and has had the wheels refurbished a couple of months back by Ford.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
With the right spec they are one of the best all round cars ever made. I love them.

A work colleague has one of the last ones made. Same colour and epic spec. I kinda love the diesel more than the 220 petrol! :eek:

Lmfao. They are alright and serve a purpose but that statement is ridicolous.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
ridiculous also ludicrous, laughable,absurd,funny,comical. Shouldn't you be detailing your fiesta?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My dad had one of these on test for a week or so, actually pretty nice. Why you wouldn't spec recaro's I have no idea! Still looks tidy as hell, bet you're pleased!

In the end he bought a faster diesel (Alfa 159 2.4). Ford was just too sensible, I think.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Properly nice bus !

I'd have the estate but I'm a wagonist :eek:

All diamond cut wheels corrode. Laquer doesn't stick to the smooth surface. Get them powder-coated sparkly silver when (not if!) they go again... it'll look just as good and last 100 times longer :approve:

Disastra Coupe
Looks nice... As you say though they must have been mad not speccing the Recaro's.

Work mate recently bought the petrol ST220 estate in a dark blue with white/creamy coloured leather Recaro's... Looks fantastic, just needs a good detail!

Mk5 golf gti
They are nice, but they cost a fortune to fix when they go wrong which they tend to do a lot.

Properly good cars for doing long journeys in comfort

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Like most diesels really.

My dad works for Fords so we get a really good discount on OEM parts etc.

Just priced up some Sat Nav discs from Fords - £280!!! I've just paid £35 online, seems its a bit hit and miss if they work or not. Just got to be careful not to screw the firmware up!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Love the look of them, i want to burn my mates one. Always going wrong. slower than mine after he had the intercooler and mapped.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I've been looking at getting it mapped but I probably won't bother tbh - I'll be doing 130 miles a day soon so don't really want to start playing with things which could result in problems further down the line.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've been looking at getting it mapped but I probably won't bother tbh - I'll be doing 130 miles a day soon so don't really want to start playing with things which could result in problems further down the line.

Mapping it will ruin your clutch, fact.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
b****cks^ there is a reason there is a torque limiter in first and second the dual mass flywheel setup is s**t.

corsa ecoflex
love these cars...i have the focus st170 and love it so much more than my old ph1 172,they seem alot more refind and comfortable and on the plus side with having the 6 speed box easy going on the fuel

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
b****cks^ there is a reason there is a torque limiter in first and second the dual mass flywheel setup is s**t.

Its not s**t at all, they do exsactly what they were designed to do. There just a wear and tear item that happens to be expensive. The torque limmiters are in place to stop piss takers kicking the hell out of the cars day in day out. I have mapped many of these and NONE have ever had a clutch issue!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just been playing around with the rear DVD player, the screens are pretty good!

I'm tempted to get my Xbox installed into it as I have a spare one around here somewhere ... my Grandad makes all of the components needed to fit them into cars such as this.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You would say that as you sell the maps wouldn't you. Any way i'm not arguing, just passing on my experiences.

Ph1 172 & Clio DCi
You would say that as you sell the maps wouldn't you. Any way i'm not arguing, just passing on my experiences.

Not at all mate, If somethings s**t i'll say so and don't sell it. Bit like the Mtec standalone ECU i have on the turbo'd clio we built, Its crap and i would never sell one to a paying customer as there are much better units avalible for the same money.

The whole mapping thing is a big problem at the moment as there are so many ways of getting the same end result. Some "cowboy" companys just raise the fuel rail pressure to add more diesel, some use more injector open time without adjusting the timing. Our maps are 100% safe, Thus in the 150 i must of done, we've never once had a complaint. We mapped everything for a 1.4 Corsa C to a V10 tdi Torreg to M6's and never had a fauilure of any kind.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You're not going to get a complaint though, it's not you're maps that are the problem.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
ridiculous also ludicrous, laughable,absurd,funny,comical. Shouldn't you be detailing your fiesta?

Flol! Reduced to petty insults.

It is a Racing Puma and not a Fiesta but then again you knew that.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
It just makes me laugh that anything ford you think is amazing. The op has a diesel mondeo and you are more or less sucking him off. If it was a diesel laguna no doubt much lolz would be had.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I came very close to buying one of these before I bought my Beemer but the common faults list on them is longer than my bar bill....

They do look bloody good though.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I like these to look at. But I'd never own one thanks to the horror stories on here. If you're happy though, who cares.