ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SRP question

E87 118d M Sport
managed to get the 1st SRP coat of the year on yesterday.
how many coats is best (realistically) before EGP and aquawaxin?

or is it just a case of the more the merrier. :eek:

Fabia VRS
I always put just one layer on. Theres on reson why you cant put a few layers on but i dont think it makes much difference. Aslong as you work it in nice should be all good. EGP brings the paint a treat though, ive also found that a good wax after EGP brings the shine up even better!:)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Layers of srp will most likely take the layers underneath off.
Layers of egp over srp will work. Followed by a decent wax.

E87 118d M Sport
kewl. ill give it one more SRP next time then. and a nice EGP. then another coat or 2 of EGP the next few times, and then an aquawax. cheers guys!

and yeah the paint is looking sweet!!!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
SRP is a polish , i would use two coats. There is a good guide on DW about it. Dont use too much as it will cake on.

E87 118d M Sport
2 it is =D

i reali need to sign up for DW. problem is i fear it will consume my life and i will evolve into a obsessive cleaning freak....i mean more than i already am......AHHH

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
nah you wont its full of nerds and they all bum of each others products

Try SRP > EGP x2 (hours curing time in between) > Aquawax.

Ive done the same but with poorboys wax instead of aqua and had good results.

ST
Hmm i don't really believe in layering SRP, best using it on freshly washed and clayed paint then finishing with a good, wax like Swissvax ONYX, p21S or megs #16 mirror glaze..

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i only say do it twice not for actual layering just to make sure you havent missed a spot.

Thats how i roll

120d M Sport
Just make sure when you use it that you really work it in, til its like a clear residue left rather than aiming to spread it like a coat or layer

1.8 Civic EX
kewl. ill give it one more SRP next time then. and a nice EGP. then another coat or 2 of EGP the next few times, and then an aquawax. cheers guys!

and yeah the paint is looking sweet!!!!

That's how I've always done mine...comes up a right treat...

wash clay srp
wash srp
wash egp
wash egp
wash egp wax

over a couple of weeks/days depending on the weather...

have you used the aqua-wax before? I found it ok but as it's the only wax I've used I'm sure there is some better stuff out there..

ST
That's how I've always done mine...comes up a right treat...

wash clay srp
wash srp
wash egp
wash egp
wash egp wax

over a couple of weeks/days depending on the weather...

As for EGP, toss it in the bin..hideous product, chem guys blitz or jet seal blow it right out of the water.

120d M Sport
I've delved into some Blitz now off Ali's reccomendation lol.

Whats the durability like? Not had chance to have a go yet

EGP is archaic its so old and is a pain to use, but does last ages!

ST
I've delved into some Blitz now off Ali's reccomendation lol.

Whats the durability like? Not had chance to have a go yet

EGP is archaic its so old and is a pain to use, but does last ages!

He started using blitz after me LOL..its not quite as durable as EGP but because its easier to use you can use it more often, better finish too IMO.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
BLitz is above average in terms of longevity. Cant touch Jeffs Carnaube sealant tbh. IO have both

106 GTi
Blitz and Jetseal are both as durable as a chocolate tea pots ! EGP is a bind to use but will easily outlast them both. Werksatt Acrylic Jet for me, EGP durability but with only 5 mins to do a whole car !

As for layering SRP, no benefit at all, each layer will remove the last, 2 coats will ensure you have not missed anywhere though.

Clio 182 FF Cup
Werksatt Acrylic Jet: unbelievable finish, I used this on mine at the weekend and couldnt believe the finish & it takes bugger all time to apply.

Good shout that rich.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Detailing is a funny thing.

I've seen rich's work, i've seen Alan's work, hell i've seen clarke's work...All list diff products..

Which do you go for? - Which ever you feel works for you. End of.

By the was EGP is s**t! ;) lol

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I'm quite keen on carlack nano care with 476s on at the moment, seems to be pretty durable and looks awesome!

As said, one layer of SRP. Work it in a 1' square area for about 1 minute then buff off.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
NAh SRP as it would leave a better base for other products rather then a glaze. AJR motorsport my arse...lol

CArlack is same as Jeffs IIRC

106 GTi
Carlack, Jeffs Primes, Klasse AIO, all basically the same thing.

Can't really compare a Glaze to SRP both have a different purpose.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I love the srp/egp combo, the haters are mainly from battered mars bar country, its never dry enough to let it cure for an hour up there anyhoo ;)

Tried some Carlack for a quick once over at the weekend, quite rate that also tbh, left a nice gloss for an hours flick over....