ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeeky brakes

Got a squeeky brake when in motion and stops when applied. Just wondering how easily is the pads to remove and grease up as nvr touched brakes before? ?

RenaultSport 172
The pads are very easy to get out. Just one bolt to undo on the caliper. Use some copper grease on the back of each pad.

The pads are very easy to get out. Just one bolt to undo on the caliper. Use some copper grease on the back of each pad.

Thanks Fantom, literally wip the pads out and apply copper grease directly at the back of each pad? simple as that?

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Check everything is free. I've had cars with everything all gunked up or almost seized and the pads are left touching the disc slightly. This will have them squeaking or squealing while your going along especially if you brake hard a lot. Usually gets worse when you go round a corner. Don't use copper grease with ABS if you have it. Ceramic Brake greases seem to be recommended instead of copper grease for ABS applications now.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Enough disc run-out to touch the pads but not enough to be warped and having a baked pad surface or pads that have a tendency to squeak. If you just touch the brake and it goes then that maybe it. My standard pads lightly scrape after a track day but it goes after a while. Brakes work fine on track when used hard from an indicated 120mph and the fuel consumption is spot on so I can't be arsed to worry about it.

A lip on the disc if they weren't replaced the same time as the pads could be the problem. I cleaned up my pads and very lightly sanded the light lip on the disc and it solved the noise or at least quietened it.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Mine have no lip and were genuine pads replaced with genuine discs and they scrape lightly after a track day for a bit as I said. Got a dial gauge? Maybe check the run out on the discs. Top tolerance maybe.