ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky brakes

clio i think
had new brembo HC discs and brembo pads fitted to the front last week.
Squeaky when breaking, what could be the reason?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
my new (cheap) pads on existing front discs squeak a little bit on mine too. Was careful putting them on last November and used copper slip as the utube video illustrated, But at a certain pressure there is a small squeak and only goes when used a fair few miles to be honest

idea is to upgrade pads and discs to decent quality before track season starts

Any info for Clio-Romford would be gladly picked up by me

Try getting rid of the retaining clips, add some copper grease to the end tabs and piston and go out and get them smoking so they fade, leave to cool overnight and they should be fine.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Did they clean the discs when they put them on?

HC's comes with a coating of light oil to stop them rusting in storage, this will contaminate the pads if left on.

The pads may not be bedded in quite right too. Glazed pads can cause squeaking.

clio i think
Both discs and pads were brand new from roadtrackraceparts. Was fitted at my local garage, and I know the guy has fitted thousands of brakes

He didn’t grease anything though... he just removed the old discs and pads, and fitted the new ones one

I put grease on mine and finely sand the area the pad slides on as well so everything’s as free as possible. I had to do this on my Brembos though to get more room after painting.