ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky brake/handbrake?

Whenever I release my brake pedal or release my handbrake, there's a squeaking noise which comes from the rear of my car. If the handbrake is on and I feather the brake pedal, there is no squeak - however when I release the handbrake there is the squeak again and when I press my brake pedal!

So I used the search function, added topped up my brake fluid reservoir which was only just above minumum :l took it for a drive last night and 2 hours later the brake pedal still squeaks and so does the handbrake!

I got a mate to alternate between feathering the brake pedal and using the handbrake - it would appear that the squeak is deffinately coming from the rear - and to me sounds like its coming from the offside wheel area.

Any help would be great! Cheers.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Slightly off topic, but usually low brake fluid means your pads are nearly worn out.

1.2 16V Dynamique
I've got the same problem regarding the squeak, however I'm not too sure where the noise is to be coming from :( Any progress on this?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
The handbrake is a cable, it will squeak. Most handbrakes do! Wouldn't worry.