ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeaking

FF Racing Blue 182
Hi, i know this is a ridiculous post but I'm getting some sort of squeaking noise from my 182.

It happens when I'm changing gear when the car is moving, just around biting point. It does it also when driving along pressing the accelerator on and off in slow moving traffic and when turning off the engine.

I know its a vague description but after forking out close to 1k on repairs on it, i really dont need the clutch to be going.

Cheers

Listerine & Poledo
As well as all the above...

If you start chasing rattles and squeaks on a clio, you'll never drive it again.

As said, dogbone mount or something exhaust related. Mine started squeaking when the exhaust mounts were shagged, it was rubbing metal on metal.

Clio 172
You've got the spring clamps on the cat down pipe which squeak.
To me sounds like engine movement making another component move more than normal as you say it happens at bitting point, does the gearstick move backwards and forwards? It's worth sticking in some folded cardboard between all three engine mounts one at a time to see if you can eliminate the noise.

FF Racing Blue 182
The gearstick is quite loose if thats a way of describing it, but I'll check for movement. I've noticed it squeaking over speed bumps. There's no problem with the gears or changing them.

How do you grease it and is it expensive to change engine mounts and exhaust mounts?