ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeaking noise from front drivers side wheel

'03 Clio 1.2 Billabong
Basically a couple of weeks ago i noticed there was a weird squeaking noise coming from the front drivers side wheel when driving along...it only does it when accelerating and turning with the noise being worst when turning left..and also when pulling away at near full lock it really makes a loud squeak...its really starting to bug me now and i have absolutely no idea what it could be!

Would much appreciate any help
Thanks
Luke.

Clio 172,Focus rs
What's the deal son, Im having the same problem in my 172 and after checking EVERYTHING I came to the conclusion that I will replace wheelbearings one by one hahaha, I got a 25% chance .
Good luck

'03 Clio 1.2 Billabong
good point! i could check them and maybe change them...i was told by a mechanic that it could be my driveshaft?? doubt it tho.
cheers for the help anyway :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
ive been getting a squeaking noise that gets more rapid the faster i go, like if im pulling away on the clutch it sounds like a bird chirping then as i get quicker the squeaks pick up, does something need oiling ha

350z GT
i have this when im turning on full lock??

smiliar problem?

im thinking it could be the top mounts going??

Clio Sport 182
before spending a fortune on parts, get a can of WD40 and spray your anti roll bar bushes. My car was squeaking on pulling away at lower speeds, was just the dry rubbers on the front suspension. Silent now and will be changing them all soon when time allows.

'03 Clio 1.2 Billabong
Thanks for all the replies guys :) i haven't been on here in a while been pretty busy with college work so haven't really had the time to check anything but got a few days to myself this week i could finally have another look

Is your tyre rubbing on anything? Your brake pads low?
Tyres are definitely not rubbing on anything n brake pads squeak as it is wen im braking but its a different squeak lol
suspension top mount rubbers?
What Could i do to these???
before spending a fortune on parts, get a can of WD40 and spray your anti roll bar bushes. My car was squeaking on pulling away at lower speeds, was just the dry rubbers on the front suspension. Silent now and will be changing them all soon when time allows.
Could ave a go at that...how would i get to the anti roll bar bushes????

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I have the same problem where there is a squeaking noise when turning right and accelerating simultaneously, can anybody shed any light on this as the above answers don't really
help...

thanks in advance
liam

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Is it definitely a squeak? On Mine, wind whistles through the mirror/base plate gap at approx 30mph and up! Put masking tape over it to see if it goes (or poss temp sensor nipple on the bottom of the mirror)

Probably not this but worth a try mate

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Is it definitely a squeak? On Mine, wind whistles through the mirror/base plate gap at approx 30mph and up! Put masking tape over it to see if it goes (or poss temp sensor nipple on the bottom of the mirror)

Probably not this but worth a try mate

deffo a squeak mate, it only does it when accelerating.
for example, I could go round a roundabout at 30 without accelerating and there's no noise, the second I touch the pedal it squeaks. I could be doing 5 and again as soon as I touch the pedal it squeaks.
but like I said it only does it when turning right, I can do the exact same thing turning left all day long and there'll be no noise.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
anyone shed any light on this please? I'm selling the car and want to sort it before it puts anyone off.