ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spring advice

TT
  • which springs are the best, considering also that i drive to portsmouth weekly (about an hour away) so apex as ive heard will be quite a pain in the arse literally? Spax,jamex, PI, Gmax,AVO or would Apex be ok? im looking to spend £80-£100?

JclioD said:
eibach are good ya, but theyre about £150 which is a bout outa my budget!!next best?
If you cannot afford them them my opinion is not to change infact unless you change springs and dampers as well I woulnd't bother at all but thats my personal preference.
Stock suspensions not bad it maybe rolly but thats not necessarily bad.

Apex I'd say for cheaper.

182 Spiced

I want to lower my car, as it looks far too hight (Standard 182 suspension)

Eibach Sportlines (£160 - GDI) fitted onto to standard 182 - what would this entail?? Must I get dampers fitted too? How much should it cost to change the springs - roughtly £100 as far as I know??

Would you say the Eibach Pro-kit is better?? From the GDI website it is only 20mm lower, I think I'd need at least 30mm on the standard suspension.

I don't really want to spend more than £250-£300 lowering it. I've heard about Apex, but want to go for the progressive springs. As they are supposed to be better during "normal driving" conditions

I'm happy with the ride - just want it lower - ANY IDEAS??

R

rich[182]

from what youve said then id go eibach sportlines, i would have thought between £40 and £60 for fitting and then suggest having your tracking checked too
youd prob find the pro's dont give hardly any visible difference in ride height, whereas the sportlines will, but many say that the claimed 30mm drop is a bit optimistic, more like mid 20's, the apex's are supposed to be genuine 40mm

182 Spiced

don't eibachs do an 40mm drop or an actual 30mm drop??

A 20mm drop on 182 standard will not quite hit the spot if you know what I mean.

With apex springs, does anyone know if I'd loose the current ride - as in will it get worse?? If so, then I'm gng for the Eibach sportlines, otherwise the apex at 40mm will look sweet as long as the ride doesn't suffer...